SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Anyone have experience with the Elite Survival Systems cases for rifles/carbines/subguns?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have experience with the Elite Survival Systems cases for rifles/carbines/subguns? Login/Join 
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted
My usual go-to is SERT when it comes to long gun cases, but I need a smallish case for a CZ scorpion sbr that's really only a range toy.
Elite Survival Systems makes different soft cases and the price is attractive. I'm looking at the 18" discreet case for the UMP45. Looks like it will fit my CZ with the stock folded.

How's the quality and workmanship? Most importantly, how is the zipper? Looks like these are made in the USA too which is a bonus.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 2 of them. One for a M1A and the other for a AR15. I don't use them everyday, mostly when I go to a range or traveling, but I think they are well made. Mine are still in good shape and I've had them probably 6 years or so.
And I've had no problems with the zipper.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also have two of them one for an MCX and another for an FNH PS90. Well made quality cases. Very pleased with mine.

Dum Spiro Pugno

Posts: 174 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Excellent cases, I have one from the 70’s still holding up.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veteran of the
Psychic Wars
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BillyBonesNY:

Same here (got mine in 1986). Great (American Made) products!

Posts: 1294 | Location: The end of the Earth... | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mo4040:
quote:
Originally posted by BillyBonesNY:

Same here (got mine in 1986). Great (American Made) products!

I have several Assault System rifle cases from the mid to early 80's
0 issues

I even have some of the luggage left (just cordura, no padding) that I still use,
one is starting to fray a bit on and inside seam but otherwise un noticeable from the outside,

good quality stuff,

having said that, all my stuff is well over 25 yrs old, I would imagine the quality is still good on the new stuff

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two from the 90s still going strong.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to update this thread.
I ended up buying the Elite Survival Systems Assault case made for the HK UMP. It's 18x10.5 inches. It fits my CZ Evo3 perfectly. The suppressor and an extra bag with my eyepro, ears, and two extra mags and some tools fits inside as well.

The outside features pockets for 5 mags which fit the PSA 35 rounders perfectly. I kinda wish it were more discrete..perhaps a longer flap to cover the whole thing so it doesn't look like mag pouches. There's a small flap pocket also that holds a copy of my tax stamp. When carried with the backside exposed it looks like a generic laptop bag or small suitcase.

It seems well-made overall, maybe not worth the $67 I spent on Amazon. It feels more like a $40-$50 bag.
My biggest concern is that the 'hinge' opens at the top of the case rather than the bottom. Hence the zipper runs around the sides and bottom of the case rather than the sides and top when carried. This seems backwards. In an unlikely zipper failure situation the contents could potentially spill.

We'll see how it holds up over time. I plan on carrying it frequently, not only as a range bag but also when I want to carry something smaller than an AR when travelling.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just purchased one of their covert carry rifle cases for my brand new Daniel Defense M4v7. The 33 inch model. And it fits perfectly. Nice heavy duty zippers. Nice adjustable tie down straps to secure the rifle. 3 mag pouches inside. It’s seems very well made. It was on sale at Optics Planet.

Posts: 624 | Registered: October 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Should have got a Vertx bag. I think im up to 6 of them now.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Zipper on bottom is good, it won’t collect the rain and drip the contents.
Tie downs should keep everything in order in case it does open.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I just went to Costco and bought a Swiss Gear backpack they were selling for school. It's well built and doesn't scream anything gun related. My SBR Scorpion fit perfectly even with some padding on the bottom for the CZ to rest on.

Posts: 12458 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post