SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Single point sling attachment question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Single point sling attachment question Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
Is there a way to do this without installing the conventional single point sling adapter?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yep. You can just attach the sling to a buttstock sling attachment. But it makes the rifle dangle even lower, and get in the way even more than usual.

(Single point slings are annoying enough, without going and making it that more so. Turns an already fairly bad option into an even worse one.)

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
And it WILL hit you in the jewels.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The way I figure it, guys who are still using single points slings must actually enjoy getting hit in the jewels, and busting their kneecaps when they try to move around with a slung rifle.

Must be some kind of sadomasochistic thing.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
I see Rogue. Thanks for the pix. I was thinking in the more conventional location. Think I saw something about a paracord connection??
Probably not.

I have a Blue force 2 point, but to be honest I cannot warm up to it. I have a cheap blackhawk single point and while they (single point) have their draw backs and are far from perfect. Nothing is. they do have some plus'.

posted Hide Post
Back in the day when single points were cool I had an attachment that went over the buffer tube and mated w/ the rear of the receiver of my AR. Had attachment points in both sides. It got real old with that damn thing pulling against the back of your neck all day on training days. It went the way of the Do-Do.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
I would not be using all day. That is for sure. But simplicity does have some benefits. I know they are not for everyone or every situation. I get it.

Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
You could always get a picatinny rail mount QD cup like offered by Haley Strategic and others and mount it as far back on your upper (assuming it's railed) as possible.

That would probably cause the gun to lie really weird against the body, though, and might tangle you up when you go for the charging handle, but, I guess it's another possible option to attach the sling without changing your end plate.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure why you want to avoid the traditional buffer tube end plate adapter since they are like $10 and easy to install. But the other alternatives are those that just clamp to the buffer tube and those that go under the castle nut and don't change the endplate.
In a pinch I would have no problems using a piece of short nylon webbing or paracord on the buffer tube and using an HK hook to attach to it, but to be truthful I have not actually tried it.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

Oh god yes. The second of two times I ever attempted to use single point it felt like Andre the Giant stepped on one of my testicles with all of his weight, while carrying the cast of Princess Bride on his massive shoulders.

Never again.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

Oh god yes. The second of two times I ever attempted to use single point it felt like Andre the Giant stepped on one of my testicles with all of his weight, while carrying the cast of Princess Bride on his massive shoulders.

Never again.

Doing it wrong I guess Razz

I get that it is not for everyone. But lots use it and prefer it. And it does work.

bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:

Doing it wrong I guess Razz

I was painfully aware of that. Big Grin

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have multiple BFG 2 point slings. I like trying things though and so I bought a single point adapter. It is a QD attachment that feeds onto your sling. If yo7 want to go single point you release the forward QD and insert it into adapter. Instant single point sling. I even think it was made by BFG.

Edited. Google 2 to 1 triglide. That’s what mine looks like and works like.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post