Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NULL Login/Join 
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
For the people that have spoken to Sig regarding Geissele triggers in their MCX's.. which ones were you running that they said the hammer would be a problem?

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I called because the instructions were unclear as to what was supposed to happen next, plus I changed the trigger. I have a box on the way soon to send it back. I had called about 10 minutes after the email came out.

Posts: 28 | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Geissele on my MCX is an SSA, but I suspect that the SSA-E and related flat bow variants will be on the list. One SSA-E has been known to be involved in doubling in an MCX.

Bill

Posts: 84 | Location: Eastern Washington | Registered: June 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
My MCX serial number doesn't fall in between what Sig indicated in the recall so I should be GTG.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4451 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jake22si
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rotty37:
My MCX serial number doesn't fall in between what Sig indicated in the recall so I should be GTG.

serial numbers over 25000 are good to go according to the publication

Sigs P 220 .45/ 229R DAK .40cal, 357

Posts: 259 | Location: Seacoast area, N.H. NRA member/ Sig owner | Registered: May 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rotty37:

I would it was YOUR MONEY.

Posts: 269 | Location: Central Nebraska | Registered: April 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would think some free swag would be in order for putting up with this bullshit.

Posts: 269 | Location: Central Nebraska | Registered: April 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine wasn't in the serial range either, but if you have the old style carrier group it needs to be replaced.

Posts: 1659 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Wow. Not good Sig.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwarner:
I would think some free swag would be in order for putting up with this bullshit.

I agree completely. And they do:
quote:
SIG will also send you a $50 gift voucher for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Q

Posts: 26345 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rockguy475:

The firing pin will be removable. The pin that holds the firing pin in place will not be. It will now act more like a takedown pin that can be pressed out but not fully removed to allow the firing pin to slide out.

Thanks

It also looks like you will have to remove the op rod assembly to remove the cam pin and bolt for cleaning.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
My wife sent that to me today as she is hoping to get a .300 BLK MCX SBR in 2017. That is she WAS Frown

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, Sig's record of customers being the beta testers for any new product continues.

Will Sig ever put out a rifle that doesn't have recalls or problems that require generational fixes?

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

quote:
SIG will also send you a $50 gift voucher for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I like the $50 Webstore voucher - I have plenty of hats and t-shirts and would rather buy some V-Crown 9mm ammo. Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

quote:

I like the $50 Webstore voucher - I have plenty of hats and t-shirts and would rather buy some V-Crown 9mm ammo. Big Grin

Seriously. Make them pay for inconvenience us beta testers.
I have the MCX bought last year that I haven't shot, but the assembly will be shipped back to SIG after the holidays are over. I swear, I will never buy any new crap ever again. No more beta testing.

Q

Posts: 26345 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
The MCX has been out for 2 years now? At what point do we say beta testing is over? Or is this the final straw for ever buying another Sig rifle. Might be time to give the ARX another look.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
The MCX has been out for 2 years now? At what point do we say beta testing is over? Or is this the final straw for ever buying another Sig rifle. Might be time to give the ARX another look.

The ARX-100? Even though I have the Shooting Sight trigger in my ARX, I'd still choose the MCX over my ARX.

I'm not in a big rush to send my carrier back to Sig. The problem sounds extremely rare and so far limited to .300 BO and I'm not ready to give up my Geissele trigger and go back to stock just for something so unlikely to happen. I'll probably wait for a new trigger before I send it back.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
I'm not in a big rush to send my carrier back to Sig.

Same here. I will never convert my MCX to .300 Blackout or shoot reloads with soft primers and I don't like the idea of adding complexity in the form of a firing pin lock. The present carrier should work fine for me.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Plus don't forget they still haven't released extra barrels yet. And they are now saying 4th quarter of 2017 for those of us wanting short barrels for are form1 SBRs.

Posts: 635 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
Heads up to all other California MCX owners who have installed a Geissele trigger. You CANNOT send the whole gun to them under the new California Assault Weapon law if you want to get it back UNLESS you render it Featureless first. If it leaves the State any other way and comes back after Jan 1st, it's an Assault Rifle and you will not be able to retake possession. This is what I was told by my local FFL.

Your alternative is to send it back "Featureless" or stick with the stock trigger. I'm going to contact Sig tomorrow to find out our options regarding the Geissle trigger replacement.

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post