Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NULL Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I'm confused about what actually needs to be sent back. Isn't it just a carrier swap? Do you really need to send the entire gun back if you have installed a Geissele trigger? Can't you keep the gun, swap back to the factory MCX trigger on your own, and just swap the carriers?

I'm on vacation, so I haven't gone online and re-registered yet, and all I've seen is the email and comments here.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
Sent this info to a MCX owner and he called Sig.
Sig was quick to point out to him that this is not a safety recall program but an "upgrade". Roll Eyes FWIW.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackwater:
Sig was quick to point out to him that this is not a safety recall program but an "upgrade". Roll Eyes FWIW.

Hmm, the email says it's mandatory and say to "stop use of the firearm immediately". Guess Sig has a different definition of an upgrade than I do.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:
Originally posted by Blackwater:

Hmm, the email says it's mandatory and say to "stop use of the firearm immediately". Guess Sig has a different definition of an upgrade than I do.

Yep a mandatory upgrade and for your trouble, it's FREE and we'll give you 50 bucks to spend in our store! yepeee!
Because failure to follow your instruction manual may result in unintended discharge.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig is really screwing up on this one. I've now spent 6 hours on hold across a dozen calls trying for CS. I can now do the ads in my sleep. Why can't they simply have a simple web form to enter your serial and move on. It's really making me wonder if there is someone competent over there.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10991 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After an ungodly number of hours on hold I get through and learn that yes sig will eventually send a box and eventually replace the carriage assembly. No commitment on either timetable. In aggregate the $50 is not even minimum wage for my time on hold.
For reasons that still defy logic Sig: 1. why don't you have a simple web form to do this, 2. why don't you explain that if you register they will eventually send you the box (unknown time line) 3. Don't explain the whole thing upfront prominently on the web site. Amazingly dumb handling.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
After an ungodly number of hours on hold I get through and learn that yes sig will eventually send a box and eventually replace the carriage assembly. No commitment on either timetable. In aggregate the $50 is not even minimum wage for my time on hold.
For reasons that still defy logic Sig: 1. why don't you have a simple web form to do this, 2. why don't you explain that if you register they will eventually send you the box (unknown time line) 3. Don't explain the whole thing upfront prominently on the web site. Amazingly dumb handling.

But meanwhile, Sig says don't shoot your gun......

posted Hide Post
Big thanks to dw1985 for posting this.

Registered my MCX per the instructions at the top
of this thread. Then sat on hold twice for twenty
minutes or so before finally talking to someone.
My understanding is that by registering, a box
will be sent for my BCG within four working days
after registration. Then 5-7 days from them receiving
my BCG to ship new product.
I questioned whether I would need to go through this upgrade
for a hobby rifle which will never see 300 black or soft
primer reloads. CS guy insists that all MCX rifles should be
upgraded regardless of serial number as it is a modular platform.
The whole thing sounds fishy but what are ya gonna do?

-------------

The sadder but wiser girl for me.

Posts: 1056 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rockguy475:

The main pain in the ass is going to be cleaning the rods and springs now that the springs are not removable.

Contact cleaner will be your friend.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 3504 | Registered: September 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
I own several weapons with captive springs. I just wipe them clean with a rag and CLP, no drama.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Well my box has shipped.

CORRUGATE BOX, FEFCO 427 WITH PU
1240 CONVOLUTED FOAM INSERT

Looks like it is coming FedEx

Fed Grd-Parcel-Ground

I can not believe they want an Adult Signature for an empty Box

Signature services: Adult signature required
Terms: Shipper
Special handling section: Adult Signature Required

I wonder how I will ship it back.
Guess I will have to take time off work and drive to a FedEx Location. Or is there any easier suggestions??

Thanks

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I was home when they showed up I'd just tell the fedex guy to hold for a minute, just toss the carriage assembly in the box and put on the new label and hand it back.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ontmark:
Well my box has shipped.

CORRUGATE BOX, FEFCO 427 WITH PU
1240 CONVOLUTED FOAM INSERT

Looks like it is coming FedEx

Fed Grd-Parcel-Ground

Mine has no such requirement.

quote:
I wonder how I will ship it back.
Guess I will have to take time off work and drive to a FedEx Location. Or is there any easier suggestions??

Thanks

Schedule a pick up from wherever you are.

Q

Posts: 26332 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by ontmark:

Mine has no such requirement.

Schedule a pick up from wherever you are.[/QUOTE]

I guess I could call them from work. They do deliver envelops from Corporate Office for the Boss.

Thanks

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Yeah, schedule a pickup for go online and see if there are any of their drop boxes in your area.

I'd assume in your location, you'd have plenty. There are two UPS/DHL/FedEx drop boxes within a half mile of each other here.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Yeah, schedule a pickup for go online and see if there are any of their drop boxes in your area.

I'd assume in your location, you'd have plenty. There are two UPS/DHL/FedEx drop boxes within a half mile of each other here.

Box came today with wife signing for it
Bolt is boxed up and ready to ship.
Looks like the prepaid return shipping is thru USPS.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rockguy475:
Sad news for the conversion kits. Was told that the production on those is at a halt until the BCG recall is taken care of. Very glad I chopped my barrel now.

I think it's good now that the springs will be pinned in but it's going to make cleaning them and the rods a real pain in the ass.

Funny, I just got word today that my 300BO conversion is finally ready to ship (only ordered last April). Haven't decided if/when I want to send my carrier back to them for the "upgrade". Need to find my factory trigger parts first since I swapped them out for a Geissele.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dwill104,

posted Hide Post
The handling of this program is beyond incompetent. I got through to CS on 12/29 after days on hold. I was told I would have a box in 4 days. So I'm guessing they really have no clue on timeline of things.

Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
My box came late last week. Still waiting on the new BCG. My big bitch is that although I leave within 15 miles of the Pro Shop and main campus in Portsmouth, I could not just bring it in to do the swap. It had to go through the mail. What could have been resolved in about an hour is now dragging on for at least 2 weeks.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Another shining example of SIG doing it right... oh, wait... Roll Eyes

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post