NULL Login/Join 
Picture of dwd1985
posted
NULL

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dwd1985,

Posts: 4448 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
Yes. Just got the e-mail myself from Sig. Process already started.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4448 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
DOH!!!!!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Crap. Because I put a Giselle trigger in, the whole rifle needs to go back.
Back to the stock trigger.

Posts: 1651 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike56:
Crap. Because I put a Giselle trigger in, the whole rifle needs to go back.
Back to the stock trigger.

I am in the same situation, with a Geissele trigger installed.

Did SIG CS provide a reason why the entire rifle needs to be returned?

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had two on order for months so I guess this setback will put them another year behind

Posts: 32 | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice. I just got mine after a long wait last Friday.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Super nice guy.
Said the Giselle would not reach the bolt safety on the new carrier group, so it wouldn't release and the hammer would never move.
He said that Giselle is already working with them on a new trigger design for it.
They have to make sure the stock trigger group is in for liability.
Will return(I hope) the Giselle.

Posts: 1651 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad news for the conversion kits. Was told that the production on those is at a halt until the BCG recall is taken care of. Very glad I chopped my barrel now.

I think it's good now that the springs will be pinned in but it's going to make cleaning them and the rods a real pain in the ass.

Posts: 37 | Registered: September 28, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The way the Geissele trigger situation was explained to me was that the hammer had to be replaced with a different Geissele hammer designed to work with the redesigned bolt carrier. It will be interesting to see how long all of this takes and what comes back.

Perhaps Geissele has the answer as to exactly what is going on.

Bill

Posts: 84 | Location: Eastern Washington | Registered: June 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck trying to get through. First multiple attempts with just a busy signal. When finally got past busy signal now at 30 minutes on hold and counting.

You would think they would increase operators or better yet offer email link to engage the return process.

All that happens with the link provided is the same registration link I filled out when I first purchased.

Pretty poor customer service!

Posts: 2 | Registered: June 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just FYI I got through to CS after a very long hold.

I was told

1) all mcx involved below the number in the email; the specific serial numbers listed in the email need additional attention.

2) click on the link provided and register even if you already registered which is probably why they sent you the email

3) even though it is not clear from the immediate response you receive from "re-registering" this will purportedly generate a return authorization and box to be sent to your address. The CS rep stated to expect followup email in 48 hours or so. That is certainly not apparent from the "thank you for registering" response you initially receive.

4) I guess we sit tight for a few days and see.

Posts: 2 | Registered: June 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jake22si
posted Hide Post
Hopefully they have some parts to send back, and not stick customers with inoperable rifles. Also is the firing pin going to be removable in the new bolt carrier?

Sigs P 220 .45/ 229R DAK .40cal, 357

Posts: 259 | Location: Seacoast area, N.H. NRA member/ Sig owner | Registered: May 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
I do not like the idea that the firing pin is now not removable.

Liked the idea of carrying a spare and being able to remove and clean the bore and pin.

I have also had to replace my Charging handle because one side was not releasing the latch.

Rifle has not even been shot yet.

SIG seems to have also redesigned the charging handle. New one has the same patent numbers on it.

See post here with photos.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...780071614#9780071614

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ontmark,

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rockguy475:

I think it's good now that the springs will be pinned in but it's going to make cleaning them and the rods a real pain in the ass.

I hope to think the end block will now be a metal or a aluminum one.

Cleaning them will be no harder then cleaning the rod with the captive spring they are using on the P320.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hate to think about getting someone on the phone again, but do you think if I put the stock trigger back in, they could just send the new carrier group (that hopefully they HAVE)?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ontmark:
I do not like the idea that the firing pin is now not removable.

Liked the idea of carrying a spare and being able to remove and clean the bore and pin.

I have also had to replace my Charging handle because one side was not releasing the latch.

Riffle has not even been shot yet.

SIG seems to have also redesigned the charging handle. New one has the same patent numbers on it.

See post here with photos.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...780071614#9780071614

The firing pin will be removable. The pin that holds the firing pin in place will not be. It will now act more like a takedown pin that can be pressed out but not fully removed to allow the firing pin to slide out.

The main pain in the ass is going to be cleaning the rods and springs now that the springs are not removable.

Posts: 37 | Registered: September 28, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by divotmaker:
Just FYI I got through to CS after a very long hold.

I was told

1) all mcx involved below the number in the email; the specific serial numbers listed in the email need additional attention.

2) click on the link provided and register even if you already registered which is probably why they sent you the email

3) even though it is not clear from the immediate response you receive from "re-registering" this will purportedly generate a return authorization and box to be sent to your address. The CS rep stated to expect followup email in 48 hours or so. That is certainly not apparent from the "thank you for registering" response you initially receive.

4) I guess we sit tight for a few days and see.

Yes, the process was very seamless once you follow the instructions. I'll take off for the holidays and ship back my BCG when I return. Easy and painless.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is just plain DUMB that the directions are so unclear and that SIG has no mention of any of this on their website. It's a long stretch to think registering will cause something to happen in the background.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Wonder what will happen if I send mine back with the Gesielle's still in them. Guess I'll use the 150.00 in coupons to order the suppressor ready rail(which should have came stock in my opinion). Wonder if they'll care about having chopped barrels on them too. I'm half contemplating not sending them back at all. I've spent a considerable amount of time and money to confirm they were reliable and malfunction free..

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post