Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NULL Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
It's been eleven working days since I registered
my MCX and no return box yet. No change when calling customer service either. Sitting on hold
and being subjected to a repeated lecture on the company directory.
It's painful I tell ya.

-------------

The sadder but wiser girl for me.

Posts: 1056 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbsid:
It's been eleven working days since I registered
my MCX and no return box yet. No change when calling customer service either. Sitting on hold
and being subjected to a repeated lecture on the company directory.
It's painful I tell ya.

I'd be pretty upset too.

It's bad enough Sig seems to have issues with every new product they put out, amazing they make it even harder on themselves by handling the CS side so poorly.

I'm bitter with Sig simply because I would love to purchase several of their new products but there is no way in hell after the countless times they have screwed the pooch in recent memory. I want an MCX badly, along with a few pistols...it's just not going to happen.

One single page on the website to fill a form out is all it would take to fix the MCX troubles.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
My replacement BCG arrived today. It was less than a 7 day turnaround after I received my return shipping box. Took about two weeks to get that box. I got in touch with Sig the same day the original notice came out.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
What a joke. SIG shipped the empty box on 1-3 and was received by wife signing for it on 1-10.

I boxed it up and took it to the Post Office on 1-11. It will be delivered by FedEx to Sig on 1-23.

So that is twenty days already.

Sig’s email states they will turn it in 7 to 10 days and then what another week and a half to get it back to me.

They should have just paid for express mail and keep their 50 dollar voucher that who knows how long it will take to get that.

Mad

Update on delivery to SIG.

FedEx Tracking Number: 9202396343451220011232

Delivery now scheduled for 1/26/16

Then turn around time and return shipping to me.

This is getting Outrageous.

SIG should have paid for a quicker shipping status...

Update on time.

At least SIG turned it in four days.

But the shipping back to me is really slow.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ontmark,

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
The voucher comes in the box with the new BCG.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My whole rifle box came thursday, 1/19. I had called the same day the notice went out.
I do have the Giselle trigger in mine.

If I read correctly, it only occurred with the 300blackout upper. Says no issues were found on the 556.

Anybody else send in a complete rifle yet?

Posts: 1659 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Green Highlander:
The voucher comes in the box with the new BCG.

Thanks SIG CSR

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can someone please post pics of the new assembly?

Posts: 162 | Location: WA State | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike56:
If I read correctly, it only occurred with the 300blackout upper. Says no issues were found on the 556.

Yes, but they just wanted to be safe, so they replace the BCG for the entire line.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Received the box on the 23rd and sent by BCG back
on the 24th. Also received an e-mail asking for
feedback on their customer service. I lit em up
pretty good over the wait times on hold and suggested
they get more help.
Probably put myself at the back of the pack.

-------------

The sadder but wiser girl for me.

Posts: 1056 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
I delayed calling SIG until after the holidays, waited maybe 20-30 minutes to speak with an extremely polite and knowledgeable Customer Service representative. The lady I spoke with in CS explained the process and reason why the entire MCX was required to be returned. I have a Geiselle SSA installed.

Took about two weeks to receive the box, which is what I was told by SIG CS. I shipped the MCX on 1/25 and SIG received it on 1/27. Today I received an email from SIG indicating the MCX is being returned to me. FedEx tracking shows the package will be delivered Monday 2/6. A twelve day turnaround, including transit.

While disappointed I had to return the MCX at all, I feel SIG CS handled the situation professionally and in a timely manner. Just my opinion.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Redhookbklyn,

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1930 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redhookbklyn:
I delayed calling SIG until after the holidays, waited maybe 20-30 minutes to speak with an extremely polite and knowledge Customer Service representative. The lady I spoke with in CS explained the process and reason why the entire MCX was required to be returned. I have a Geiselle SSA installed.

Took about two weeks to receive the box, which is what I was told by SIG CS. I shipped the MCX on 1/25 and SIG received it on 1/27. Today I received an email from SIG indicating the MCX is being returned to me. FedEx tracking shows the package will be delivered Monday 2/6. A ten day turnaround, including transit.

While disappointed I had to return the MCX at all, I feel SIG CS handled the situation professionally and in a timely manner. Just my opinion.

Hmm. I also called after the holidays and told them I had a SSA installed and they said it would work and all I needed was to swap the carrier. They sent the small return box for the carrier only today.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK I had some really nasty comments to sig on this in the beginning, but the end of the process ran fine. Eventually they sent a box (a rifle sized box) and I put my carrier in it, gave it to fedex. A couple of days later a new appropriately sized box shows up and I'm thinking did they forget to put the new carrier in it. My next call to sig has a reasonable wait time (the first time that's happened) and a pleasant gentlemen told me to ignore the new empty box, my new bolt assembly was being shipped and would be there next day. And it was. So they got my old one and returned the new one in 5 days. FWIW>

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived sooner than expected. For those reluctant to make the swap, there is no good reason not to do it> Especially if you have any intention at all of selling your rifle down the road. Doesn't matter if your rifle never had a problem. Folks are still gonna ask, "Did you make the BCG upgrade swap?".

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of }BuLL
posted Hide Post
I received my return box a few weeks ago, but never got around to sending it back. Yesterday I was pleasantly surprised to find a new bolt carrier assembly at my door. Guess there's no point returning the old one, correct?

Posts: 131 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by }BuLL:
I received my return box a few weeks ago, but never got around to sending it back. Yesterday I was pleasantly surprised to find a new bolt carrier assembly at my door. Guess there's no point returning the old one, correct?

I think SIG sent the new carrier in anticipation of your returning the old one and they are trying to minimize the complaints of excess time to replace MCX owners parts.

Not sending the old carrier in would be a case of not following through with your side of the agreement, they want the old carrier back in exchange for the new version.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
got mine today, where is the gift certificate.? found laying on the floor.Its like xmas.in a hurry.

Posts: 269 | Location: Central Nebraska | Registered: April 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig Called me Monday the 30th, they had my MCX for about a week. We talked about the options. They will have a 2 stage trigger available in about 3 weeks. I told them to keep the gun, get the new trigger in and be sure it all functions properly.

Posts: 28 | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Got my New BCM Saturday Feb 4th two day sooner than tracking first said it would be delivered.

Except the supper slow shipping to them and back I would say it was a first class transaction.

SIG included a new owner’s manual, small tube of Lucas Extreme Duty Gun Oil, The $50 off shopping spree card, and a brand new complete BCG. I was a little worried they would be reusing what they can and the BCG I sent them was unfired. I figured I would get back some parts from their turned in stock.

What really gets me was there was an Adult Signature required on the delivery of the empty shipping box but the returned BCG was a drop on porch by USPS. I figured it should have been the other way around.

Oh well glad it is a done deal especially in California. It has a Bullet Button magazine release on it and years end of 2016 California now classifies it as an illegal to purchase in 2017. It has got to get registered by year’s end of 2017 as an Assault Weapon in California. So I am glad it was not with the Geissele Trigger upgrade I am plaining to do for then I could not have shipped complete rifle to SIG for they would not be able to return ship it to me.

posted Hide Post
My empty carrier return box came by USPS (think it's actually FedEx surepost where USPS does final delivery) and was left at the door so I didn't have to sign for it. Hope it's the same when they ship the new carrier back.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post