SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    IWI Galil Ace pistol in 762X39
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IWI Galil Ace pistol in 762X39 Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted
Anyone have one? I'm getting interested. I haven't bought a firearm in years as nothing has interested me. But this pistol in the ak caliber with a sb brace is looking quite attractive right now. If you own one please let me know what you think. Are there possible QD mounts? Also anyone using the siderails for laser or light? I saw where you can remove the cover and there is room to run a wire. Curious to setups/mods.

TIAFAR.

Mods: If this should be in pistol section, my apologies and please move it to pistol section.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12614 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not, so technically no help to you. But I do own a Bren2 pistol in 7.62x39 and you might also look at that. Its really well done.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10990 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been debating/researching/studying various rifles for a few years now trying to decide on what to buy since nothing has really interested me lately.

I am also interested in anyone's thoughts or experience with the Galil. I have not decided if i want the pistol or full size rifle. I think I would like it chambered for 7.62 x 39 over 7.62 x 51.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own a Galil ACE pistol in 7.62 x 39 with the factory SB brace. It's really just sort of a modernized, more ergonomic AK. Mine has been 100% reliable and it is definitely well built. I have kept mine simple and have only installed the Meprolight RDS Tru_Dot to keep it all Israeli made. The hand guard sides do slide off to allow mounting a flashlight or whatever, but I've never used that feature. The hand guard is a bit large, but not so much that it's uncomfortable.
All in all, it's a quality piece that I really can't criticize other than the very minor fact that the hand guard removable sides do have a little bit of play in them, but it's no big deal.
If you are looking for a AK that has been modernized without losing any of it's strength and dependability, this may be for you.
I have to admit though, I think I prefer my new Bren 2 over it. I can't really explain why, both are fine guns, but I like the Bren a bit more.

Posts: 105 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does the galil ace have an adjustable gas system?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10990 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Does the galil ace have an adjustable gas system?

No. It’s just a standard non-adjustable AK gas system.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one. Mine's pimped out with an ALG AKT trigger, RS Regulate rail, and KNS Plastic Delete kit amongst other odds and ends. Awesome platform, and truly the finest version of the AK system.

I do love the Bren 2, but 7.62x39 without AK pattern mags is a non-starter for me.

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 966 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JonDaddy82:
I have one. Mine's pimped out with an ALG AKT trigger, RS Regulate rail, and KNS Plastic Delete kit amongst other odds and ends. Awesome platform, and truly the finest version of the AK system.

I do love the Bren 2, but 7.62x39 without AK pattern mags is a non-starter for me.

Yes that’s where I’m at. I’ve got boxes of AK magz, steel and P-Mags. It’s attractive because it’s not a firearm I have to buy any magazines for. Would also be like my Scorpion, can carry it in a backpack with my CHL.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12614 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Preban imi ARM and iwi 5.56 ACE Pistol. Just an FYI, it’s not an AR or even a stamped receiver AK, it is heavy. It is rock solid, the machining and quality is excellent.

Posts: 267 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post