SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    We Got My Brother An Unusual Christmas Present
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We Got My Brother An Unusual Christmas Present Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
A 1945 Enfield SMLE that is unissued, unfired and chambered in .22LR from the Lithgow factory.

Our older brother has done countless things for us. Even when he was exhausted, beat down with MANY other more important issues at hand. He has ALWAYS come through with zero expectations in return.

Well, how do you repay someone who had literally done it all for you?

I hope he likes this. I got promoted to director this year and could afford to get him anything he desired. Last year I got him a super nice Swiss Watch, so he didn't want a Rolex or Omega.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whether he enjoys it at the range or as a safe queen, that Enfield is a fantastic Christmas present!

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That is a fine gift and I’m astounded at the condition. Well done, sir! And Merry Christmas. Smile

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
That's one beautiful rifle!

Posts: 1767 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
That's awesome. Those Fanta cans don't stand a chance.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Wow!
Congratulations to all on having a great family.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!!! What a great gift. I have one albeit not in that nice of shape and made in 1917 by BSA reworked into a trainer by Parker-Hale. They shoot great!! Lithgow made fantastic rifles.

Nicely done.

Posts: 4022 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
WOW! That's a fine gift.

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is beautiful! Merry Christmas!

Posts: 130 | Location: GA | Registered: April 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Very Nice! Merry Christmas!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
That’s really, really cool.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a score for him. Beautiful rifle that he can shoot all day long for $5.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice gift indeed.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That rifle is absolutely stunning!

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
A huge WOW on that one. Merry Christmas to you and your brother.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am sure that brought a smile to his face. Merry Christmas

Posts: 1190 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Daaaaaaaaamn, that’s nice!

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Very nice gift and very thoughtful Mars and SC!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoot gun,
get check
Picture of Scoobaru
posted Hide Post
Awesome gift! You’re a good brother.

Posts: 609 | Location: The pointy part of Nevada | Registered: March 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
Well done Mars! I applaud your choice of gift and the great way to honor your brother Cool

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post