SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Has anyone tried the AK Binary Trigger?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone tried the AK Binary Trigger? Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted
RTG is having a sale on the Franklin Armory BFSIII AK-C1 Binary Trigger kit and instead of being a beta-tester, I'd like to get a little feedback from someone other than Franklin Armory ... not sure if there just isn't much info out there in the wild about it, or if my google-fu is still on holiday.

It's not that I just want to burn up my ammo supply, but they do make me smile Smile

I've got the Franklin Armory Binary in an AR, CZ Scorpion and MP5, and an ECHO in another AR.
The Franklin AR needs the spring, buffer and ammo to be work together as a system, change ammo and you may have to experiment to see what buffer and spring work best for that ammo.
In the AR the ECHO is, IMHO superior to the Franklin.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I would go with the fostech instead (they should start shipping AK triggers any day). I have a Franklin and fostech. I'm not impressed with the Franklin. Its very gritty.

I've tried emailing Franklin for help but they never responded. Fostech has gone out of their way the couple times I had questions.

Fostech is worth the extra money. And its a very smooth trigger.

I've considered buying a cheap palmetto AK to put a fostech in. I really don't want to burn up the barrels in my arsenal or Russians.

Posts: 7395 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply ... I'm not overly impressed with the Franklin in my AR although it has a few benefits over the ECHO ... but it is gritty and more finicky.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Your post has made me think about getting back into the AK game....I have an EchoII for one of my ARs and it's nice but in looking at PSAs new AK pistol
https://www.atlanticfirearms.c...te-armory-5165450735

Not sure if they make a folding brace but ...

and a Echo trigger really gets me excited

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post