SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    AR Vertical Grip Recommendation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR Vertical Grip Recommendation Login/Join 
Picture of aguilar64
posted
I have a Streamlight TLR-2's and I want to use a vertical grip with the pressure slot for the switch, what do you recommend? I have seen a few online but I was hoping for a feedback of one being used by a member/s of the forum.

“When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice.”
― Ted Nugent

Posts: 2206 | Location: North East | Registered: November 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Do any fit the Streamlight? I had a hard time finding one - and never did. They all seem to fit Surefire. I bought a Tango Down that looked like it would fit and it didn't. But I liked the TD VFG so much I kept it and mounted the switch on the rail just above so I could activate it with my thumb.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
I'm using a TLR-1 with remote pressure switch and a Tango Down grip. I believe the size you need is the Insight (ITI) size, which is a larger cutout.

Tango Down also makes a rail cover for the pressure switch that fits both Surefire (with adapter) and Streamlight/Insight. I think they give the switch dimensions on their webpage.

I don't have any experience with Insight pressure switches so I can't compare to Streamlight but mine fits perfect.

Of course I bought mine a decade ago, so things change but it should work. If it won't maybe use a BCM grip with the flat sides and some adhesive.

Posts: 1058 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I have had this one for years and love it

https://www.larue.com/products...ward-universal-grip/

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post

Does your switch pad look like this?

Posts: 1058 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aguilar64
posted Hide Post

“When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice.”
― Ted Nugent

Posts: 2206 | Location: North East | Registered: November 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
Yep, that looks the same as my Streamlight switch. Should work with the Insight size from Tango Down. I'm not sure why they don't include it in the description.