SIGforum
AR Vertical Grip Recommendation

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/8080035764

March 13, 2020, 07:42 PM
aguilar64
AR Vertical Grip Recommendation
I have a Streamlight TLR-2's and I want to use a vertical grip with the pressure slot for the switch, what do you recommend? I have seen a few online but I was hoping for a feedback of one being used by a member/s of the forum.

“When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice.”
― Ted Nugent

March 14, 2020, 08:19 AM
Micropterus
Do any fit the Streamlight? I had a hard time finding one - and never did. They all seem to fit Surefire. I bought a Tango Down that looked like it would fit and it didn't. But I liked the TD VFG so much I kept it and mounted the switch on the rail just above so I could activate it with my thumb.

March 14, 2020, 12:00 PM
BlackTalonJHP
I'm using a TLR-1 with remote pressure switch and a Tango Down grip. I believe the size you need is the Insight (ITI) size, which is a larger cutout.

Tango Down also makes a rail cover for the pressure switch that fits both Surefire (with adapter) and Streamlight/Insight. I think they give the switch dimensions on their webpage.

I don't have any experience with Insight pressure switches so I can't compare to Streamlight but mine fits perfect.

Of course I bought mine a decade ago, so things change but it should work. If it won't maybe use a BCM grip with the flat sides and some adhesive.
March 14, 2020, 03:40 PM
Ronin101
I have had this one for years and love it

https://www.larue.com/products...ward-universal-grip/
March 14, 2020, 10:22 PM
BlackTalonJHP

Does your switch pad look like this?
March 16, 2020, 08:51 AM
aguilar64

“When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice.”
― Ted Nugent

March 16, 2020, 05:28 PM
BlackTalonJHP
Yep, that looks the same as my Streamlight switch. Should work with the Insight size from Tango Down. I'm not sure why they don't include it in the description.