SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    EBR Parts Quiz and Acronym Knowledge Request...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

EBR Parts Quiz and Acronym Knowledge Request... Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
What kind of EBR parts can one make on a Mazak horizontal CNC mill? I know the finished products have a horse head logo engraved into them. How does one learn the language of parts acronyms for all the darn black rifle parts. Gotta run out for a sammich and food for the Flea Market cat. Will check in a bit later... Big Grin

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
The Anderson Arms lower has a horse head logo, doesn't it?

Edit: I hadn't thought about it much, but I figure that's cast in, rather than being machined, however.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Hello! Topic got relocated. Anderson yes. I have a ageancy sending me there for either the 20th or 24th to begin work. Late at night shift working on the CNC mills. My round a bout way of saying I am taking a new job. I will most certainly enjoy working on the Mazaks. Making AR parts and learning the rifles will be very interesting for me. I know they supply the Military also. They've ventured into a new gun drill now for boreing their barrels.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, David!
We'll be looking forward to hearing more about the new work. Enjoy!

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
That is great news about the job Smile... Congrats!

There are a lot of AR15 related acronyms listed here...

https://ar15armory.com/forums/...15-related-acronyms/

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Oh, nice list!
Thank you, Bisley!

God bless America.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Yes indeed. I like that list Bisley. Many of those have been posted here when Members build their own rifle and many have gone right over my head. Its really a language of its own.