SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    German made Sauer 100 Classic XT bolt action.. any good?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

German made Sauer 100 Classic XT bolt action.. any good? Login/Join 
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted
Was at local Sportsmans Warehouse today they had some German made Sauer 100 Classic XT rifles in stock. Anyone know anything about these rifles?

Price was not to bad, around Tikka T3X range. had a smooth 3 lug bolt with a very nice trigger. Stock was had a good shape to it but was kind of a hollow sounding black synthetic. I was thinking about buying one they had in 6.5 creedmoor.

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
Was at local Sportsmans Warehouse today they had some German made Sauer 100 Classic XT rifles in stock. Anyone know anything about these rifles?

Price was not to bad, around Tikka T3X range. had a smooth 3 lug bolt with a very nice trigger. Stock was had a good shape to it but was kind of a hollow sounding black synthetic. I was thinking about buying one they had in 6.5 creedmoor.

I shot one a few years ago but I think it was a 101 not a 100. It was super accurate and had a nice fit and finish too it. I do t remember much else about it other than the guy who had it had several European hunting rifles the sayer, a Mauser and a blaser, I got to shoot all 3 side by side which was cool but again it was awhile back. Sorry I don't have more useful info other than I thought it was a nice gun.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Not sure on the 100, but the Sauer 101 was what I really wanted, just didn't want the price tag that came with it. Something like double the cost of the T3x.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post