SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Update Re: CZ-452 Bolt Cocking/Sear & Trigger Engagement
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update Re: CZ-452 Bolt Cocking/Sear & Trigger Engagement Login/Join 
Picture of hjs157
posted
As fans of the CZ-452 rimfire series know, the rifle cocks upon raising the bolt handle. With one of my 452's however, a tiny amount of rearward bolt movement must occur before the sear and trigger fully engage. This is confirmed by an audible click as well as being visually observable with the action removed from the stock. (With both of my other 452's, the sear and trigger engage at the instant the bolt is raised.) Is this cause for alarm? I've considered sending it to CZ for a look though I don't want to spin my wheels if it within specifications. Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

Update - After contacting CZ USA Technical Support, they requested I return the rifle for evaluation. Apparently the bolt handle was out of spec. With the handle replaced, the rifle was checked for proper headspace, test fired and returned to me in 12 days with all issues resolved. High marks for CZ Service.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hjs157,

Posts: 3501 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to come up with a reason why it would matter and can't....

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10990 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Clem Eastwood
posted Hide Post
All my 452s over the years have all been a little different in terms of sear engagement. The 455s I have, have been more consistent. But I wouldnt worry about it. Its never been a problem for me.

Posts: 2068 | Location: North Texas | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I'm trying to come up with a reason why it would matter and can't....
Yeah, me too. I can't say I ever notice on mine and this didn't even spur me to get it out of the safe... Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
No cause for alarm.

I certainly wouldn't bother to go to expense to adjust it. The rifle works properly it just requires a, as you said, tiny amount of rearward bolt travel to reset. The bolt must travel rearward to pick up the next round.

non-issue IMHO.

Posts: 14121 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post