SIGforum
Finally!!! SBRs stamped and assembled!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/8050057834

March 07, 2018, 04:11 PM
AllenInAR
Finally!!! SBRs stamped and assembled!

Okay, the bottom one has been together for a few months now, but at long last, both are Federally approved! No more parts boxed up in the closet!!!

For the detail fanatics; Anderson Arms upper and lower receivers, SLR Rifleworks forearms (ION Ultra Light MLOKs), Magpul furniture, Trijicon MRO on Larue QD mounts, ASR muzzle devices for the non-pictured Specwar 7.62, BCM barrels, mishmash of lower parts, PSA CHF BCGs, and Streamlights on Arisaka mounts. Did I forget anything?

Oh, the FDE is a 9.5" .300blk, the black is a 11" 5.56mm.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV
March 07, 2018, 06:41 PM
David W
quote:
Originally posted by GarandGuy:
"Okay, the bottom one has been together for a few months now, but at long last, both are Federally approved!"

Isn't that a little self incriminating? They look good though. I like the set up.

Even if he meant he put them together pre stamp, I very seriously doubt the BATF is going to pay him a visit.

They look great, cept those nut banger slings Big Grin

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles
March 07, 2018, 06:58 PM
IndianaBoy
quote:
Originally posted by GarandGuy:
"Okay, the bottom one has been together for a few months now, but at long last, both are Federally approved!"

Isn't that a little self incriminating? They look good though. I like the set up.

He probably built it as a pistol and then just added the stock. Lots of people do that.
March 07, 2018, 07:31 PM
GarandGuy
My attempt at sarcasm was ill played.

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?
March 07, 2018, 07:46 PM
AllenInAR
Wordsmith fail. I’ve had the stamp for the lower one for awhile now.

March 07, 2018, 08:10 PM
MitchbSC
quote:
the FDE is a 9.5" .300blk,

What was your estimated overall length on the 9.5" 300BLK on your Form 1? It seems stock full extended is what the Feds want now. I'd like to borrow your number and subtract 0.5" for a 9" 300BLK upper that I'm considering. Pretty please. Cool

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
March 07, 2018, 08:12 PM
lkdr1989
Nice looking twins!!

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV
March 08, 2018, 04:59 AM
AllenInAR
quote:
Originally posted by MitchbSC:
quote:
the FDE is a 9.5" .300blk,

What was your estimated overall length on the 9.5" 300BLK on your Form 1?

I guesstimated at the time and used 31”. Actual length is closer to 28” I think. Don’t have a tape handy at this moment.

March 08, 2018, 12:19 PM
MitchbSC
Thanks!

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
March 08, 2018, 12:29 PM
ibanda
They look fantastic! I am putting together twin SBRs also. 10.5" 300 Blackout and a 12" 5.56. I ordered an Omega suppressor last weekend.

I have a few SIGs.