SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Anyone try the new Hi-Point 10mm carbine?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone try the new Hi-Point 10mm carbine? Login/Join 
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted
I see Hi-Point has put out a 10mm carbine (1095TS). If anyone has one I would be very interested in hearing your thoughts, both good and bad. I am in the market for a reliable 10mm carbine at a decent price. Thank you.

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
I cannot comment on the 10mm Carbine as until I read your post I had no clue it was even an offering from Hi-Point. What I can comment on however is the other Hi-Point carbines. I've never owned but have shot all three other calibers in 9, 40 and 45. I find them to be reliable and fairly accurate. My opinion on these carbines is if you're looking for a recreational firearm that is low cost, then look no further. They are a popular used item at my place of employment. I have customers who come in often inquiring if I have any available. Everyone has an opinion and tend to deride the Hi-Points, but I think the carbine has a place as previously stated for a low cost recreational firearm. I cannot say that it's one I'd keep by the bedside or carry around as a peace of mind platform in a vehicle though.

I say is the price is right, try it out. I'd shy away from full house 10mm loads though.

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1073 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
Thank you GarandGuy, that is helpful information for me.

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
I’d like to see if it stands up to the high end/high pressure rounds

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ThankGod4Sig:

I am curious about that too, don't want a piece that only lasts a couple thousand rounds.

Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GarandGuy:
I've never owned but have shot all three other calibers in 9, 40 and 45. I find them to be reliable and fairly accurate. <snip>

I cannot say that it's one I'd keep by the bedside or carry around as a peace of mind platform in a vehicle though.

I have both the 9mm and .40 and they're a hoot to shoot. Like your experience, mine are very reliable and surprisingly accurate. But that said, for me they are only range toys and guest guns in the proverbial SHTF scenario.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2540 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ThankGod4Sig:

I believe they first started testing one many years ago from a converted .40S&W 4095 Rifle. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3057 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I bet this new carbine can handle all SAAMI spec’ed 10mm ammo. Even their handguns are hard to kill, unless you let them see themselves in a mirror and they die from low self esteem.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post