SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    History of the M4
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

History of the M4 Login/Join 
posted
I came across a YouTube channel called Small Arms Solutions hosted by Chris Bartocci. There is a two part series of videos on the history of the M4. Chris worked for Colt in the past and apparently has followed the M4 development for quite a long time. Including some of the programs to try and replace the M4 (like SCAR-16 and HK-416).

I learned quite a bit and Chris goes into some of the problems Colt had along the way and some issues that were unique to SOCOMs use of the M4.

Anyway, there was a wealth of information provided and very well presented.

If you are interested in the M4 /AR15 then I recommend you take a look at the two part series with the first one at the link below. I’d like to know what your thoughts are. Chris admits some of the info presented is his opinion but much of it is based on his experience in the industry. He seems legit.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmi3SzkOIiQ

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Thank. I watched both parts of that, as well as a couple of his other videos. Good information.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Thank. I watched both parts of that, as well as a couple of his other videos. Good information.

Same for me - good stuff. Thanks for the link!

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I watched his video on the Colt Expanse. A supposedly reputable Colt dealer tried to sell me an Expanse BCG as a Colt part. They argued with me that it was Colt OEM. Sorry, no. I own eight Colt BCGs. This ain't Colt.
I sent it back and when they tried to charge me a restocking fee, I disputed the charge. Eventually, these frauds refunded all of my money to me, but I am done with them for good.

Don't ask who it was, but one thing I'll tell you is that their name will never again be mentioned in this forum, and believe me, people have tried.

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Yes, thank you for posting that video. I've now watched both M4 videos and quite a few others and have learned quite a bit. Mr. Bartocci appears to be a knowledgeable, experienced man who speaks with authority. He also seems to regard LMT rifles very highly, characterizing them as the ultimate next generation AR-15 with all of their various improvements. Now he's got me wanting an LMT MARS-L very badly.

Posts: 2332 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He also has several books that are available on Amazon. Link below.
I’d like to have the second addition of ‘Black Rifle’.

https://www.amazon.com/Chris-B...k%3AChris%20Bartocci

In the evening I’ll use my Smart TV to watch his videos. I’ll kick one off and just let them play one after another. It beats everything else available on TV.

That LWRC DI Rifle is tempting if a nice sale comes up.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
He also has several books that are available on Amazon. Link below.
I’d like to have the second addition of ‘Black Rifle’.

Both Black Rifle volumes are excellent (as are all Collectors Grade Publications books), and do a great job of digging into the history of the AR15/M16/M4 platform.

Just understand that even Volume II is over 13 years old; it covers history and development from the 1980s up through only the late 90s/very early 2000s.

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bartocci is pretty good. I especially like his armorers manual. But, If you look over on M4.NET, you'll find a thread on Black Rifle II where LTC Lutz had some criticism of Black Rifle II. Bartocci answered him and some interesting discussion ensued.

Posts: 4576 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post