SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Any opinions on the Savage Scout 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any opinions on the Savage Scout 11 Login/Join 
posted
I honestly have enough AR's , and i am looking into getting a kind of do it all rifle, something i could hunt with, target shoot, and pick off zombies at 400+ yards.

I can get this right now for 450.00 shipped, and wanted to see if anyone here had first hand experience or just opinion on it.

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/11Scout

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Great price. We've had them come through the shop. They seem pretty well made, and even at "regular" pricing they're more affordable and offer better value than the Ruger Scout, especially when those are in synthetic stock form. To date we've had no complaints from the customers who bought their Savage Scouts from us.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Great price. We've had them come through the shop. They seem pretty well made, and even at "regular" pricing they're more affordable and offer better value than the Ruger Scout, especially when those are in synthetic stock form. To date we've had no complaints from the customers who bought their Savage Scouts from us.

thank you, Savage is offering 100 rebate on 5-6 of their rifles.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Certainly ticks all the boxes you outlined and at a fair price.

I'd buy one for that.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about a Ruger Frontier in 308?

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not a huge savage fan but for that price I'd probably buy it. A steyre scout will cost you ~ 1300.00 and the ruger ~ 8-900 dollars.

I'd say you can't really go wrong for that price, it could end up being a fun/useful rifle.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Ruger Frontier scout in 308 for sale. Just email me

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one. Like it. The only issue is with the magazine. It is listed as a 10-rounder. But I could only put 9 no matter how hard I tried.

Posts: 580 | Location: Arizona | Registered: March 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the older version. It is very accurate and has been trouble free. The stock seems cheap and has some flex. That does not bother me when I shoot it. Overall excellent value for the money.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the model 10 of you want a more traditional scope location.

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/10FCPSR

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoulda Coulda
Oughta Woulda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10x Sniper:
I have a Ruger Frontier scout in 308 for sale. Just email me

Last bump then it's going on Gunbroker Big Grin

Posts: 543 | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post