SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Gun show treasure’s
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun show treasure’s Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted
I set up at our local show to thin the heard a bit and was fairly successful but we were clear at the back so I was kind of surprised any of the good stuff made it back that far. My big score (to me anyway) was a Steyr GB, almost mint in the box with both 18 round mags, paperwork brushes and cleaning rod ... then guy came by with an old Chinese pellet rifle, still new in the box, he only wanted $40 for it but I told him I didn’t have any use for it. He dropped the price to $35 ... I felt sorry for him and paid him ... I still don’t know what I’ll do with it though ... then I traded into a S&W Bodyguard with the red laser ... and lastly a guy came through with a brand new (again) in the box Iver Johnson 1911 carbine ... its kind of like the old Lugers with the detachable stock ... again, I didn’t really want it unless I got it “cheap” so I offered him $500. He quickly declined that but about an hour later he came back. I reluctantly bought it ... it’s kinda neat but I can now say I own it ... for whatever that’s worth.

Anyway, that was my weekend ... my feet hurt, my back hurt ... but I had a pretty good time

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
So did you thin the herd or just add a few more?

Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Actually thinned it by 4 and added an pellet gun and I’m not sure if it’s air or spring

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
A Steyr GB with two mags at a price I liked would be enough for me to call it a good weekend.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
A Steyr GB with two mags at a price I liked would be enough for me to call it a good weekend.

The GB made it a great weekend and the other stuff was just iceing.

I haven't gotten any pictures yet but mine looks like this; same paper work and its the commercial model, except my box appears a little nicer, and mine was $700

This one $795, has no bids and ends on the 16th

posted Hide Post
Those are really cool. Years ago a buddy of mine had one and it seemed to fit the hand perfectly. The ergonomics were great and are solid performers.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I still haven't gotten a chance to shoot it but as I remember they are a little softer shooting than the Beretta 92, and smoother; probably because its gas operated, not blow back.

I finally took it out and looked at it again ... the one pictured is identical to mine except my box is in better shape.

I was surfing the web I found a video and apparently there is a second version that has a spur trigger and allegedly a better trigger ... I didn't know there was a 2'nd version but even if I did I would have thought a spur trigger would be a step backwards ... mine has a decent trigger and a pretty short reset, so if the 2nd gen is better ... wow!

posted Hide Post
kk, you be quite careful with the China springer. They can be mechanically unsafe. Here's the go-to forum that covers them...

http://www.network54.com/Forum/113813

Great snag on the GB!

Posts: 383 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I got it out tonight, and it says it's an air gun ... Is this the same thing you're talking about being dangerous? It says it's an air gun, does that still mean it's a springer gun?

posted Hide Post
Yessir, the spring is driving a piston forward, which compresses the air through a tiny port to drive the pellet out. That was a particular model you need to be careful with. You MUST hold on to the underlever while reaching into the gun to load the pellet. You've heard of M1-thumb from improper loading of a Garand? If that compression tube were to slam forward onto your thumb, you'd rue-the-day.

Posts: 383 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictorLouis:
Yessir, the spring is driving a piston forward, which compresses the air through a tiny port to drive the pellet out. That was a particular model you need to be careful with. You MUST hold on to the underlever while reaching into the gun to load the pellet. You've heard of M1-thumb from improper loading of a Garand? If that compression tube were to slam forward onto your thumb, you'd rue-the-day.

Gotta ya ...
I think I'll just throw this up on GunBroker ... I didn't have a use for it anyway and kinda felt sorry for the old guy as I was at the back of the show, so I'm pretty sure he had been beat-up on price long before he got to me!