SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    MPX SBR project
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MPX SBR project Login/Join 
posted
I want to build an MPX SBR but have a state law constraint that it has be 29 inches OAL or greater.

Base gun is the 8 inch pistol and want to use the MCX/MPX telescoping rod stock.

Does anyone have this configuration? Can you tell me what the OAL of the configuration is....buttstock to barrel muzzle?

Have the option to use extended rods by Title II Arms, but think I'll only have no more than 1 1/2 inches before I run out of space in the receiver grooves.

TR

Posts: 656 | Registered: February 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Just looked into this a week or two ago.

From what I found, the factory side folder brings OAL to 25.75" and the collapsible stock is at 25.25" OAL with an 8" barrel.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

Way shorter than I thought with telescoping stock. Is this measured on actual gun or listed spec somewhere?

TR

Posts: 656 | Registered: February 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Just get the SB tactical telescoping brace and live happy with it classified as a pistol Wink

Even uses the Sig rods.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3596 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tree Rat:
Thanks.

Way shorter than I thought with telescoping stock. Is this measured on actual gun or listed spec somewhere?

TR

It was from a review of the MPX from 2017: link to article

Pretty detailed info in the article, but nothing I called to confirm with SIG, but the number sounds reasonable.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post