SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Belt Magazine Holders?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Belt Magazine Holders? Login/Join 
Family Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
You've probably ordered by now, but:
What pouches (if any) do you already have?

I generally don't recommend making last minute gear changes before classes. Things like draw stroke and interaction with other equipment can become an issue. it's usually smoother/easier to do/use what you are familiar with.

Other considerations are late arriving shipments, wrong orders, etc.

You also need to look how you are attaching to your belt. Not every pouch has a clip or comes with malice clips or a tech lock.

I don't own any pouches. I have no experience with them which is why I turned to SIGforum.

Due to a scheduling conflict, I'm not going to be taking the class, but I do plan to take a carbine class in the future.

I still leaning towards the HSGI Tacos, but now I've got time to do a bit more research and possibly handle them before I buy.

Posts: 987 | Registered: December 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett257:
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
You've probably ordered by now, but:
What pouches (if any) do you already have?

I generally don't recommend making last minute gear changes before classes. Things like draw stroke and interaction with other equipment can become an issue. it's usually smoother/easier to do/use what you are familiar with.

Other considerations are late arriving shipments, wrong orders, etc.

You also need to look how you are attaching to your belt. Not every pouch has a clip or comes with malice clips or a tech lock.

I don't own any pouches. I have no experience with them which is why I turned to SIGforum.

Due to a scheduling conflict, I'm not going to be taking the class, but I do plan to take a carbine class in the future.

I still leaning towards the HSGI Tacos, but now I've got time to do a bit more research and possibly handle them before I buy.

I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't go to class, but I'm glad to hear that you still want to.

Take a look at this video. skip the corny humor parts and don't look at the comments, but he reviews the Taco and the Fastmag, both mentioned in this thread as well as a couple others.

Take a look at the Belt mounted Tacos Link. It's already set up to securely anchor to regular belt. The malice clip version is good for those that wear "war belts" but for most normal folks the belt loop version is more stable.

Posts: 4591 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post