SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Belt Magazine Holders?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Belt Magazine Holders? Login/Join 
Family Man
posted
I have the opportunity to take a carbine class this coming Saturday. One of the requirements is for a "belt magazine holder that can hold two additional magazines."

I have no experience or knowledge on magazine holders. I assume using two single magazine pouches is going to give me more flexibility.

Can anyone make a recommendation?

I plan to order tomorrow.

Thanks, everyone!

Posts: 987 | Registered: December 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I like Blade Tech. Used two for a carbine class side by side and they worked great.

EVOLUTION AR-15/M4 SINGLE MAG POUCH

I went with the Tek-Lok attachment.

Good luck!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blade tech has been my standard for years. But at the moment I like fast mag a bit better.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10990 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
High Speed Gear's Taco Pouches have worked well for me for years.

Posts: 7866 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also have been using the HSG Tacos the past few years and can highly recommend them.

http://www.highspeedgear.com/magazine-pouches.html

I have also been looking at the Softshell Scorpion series from G-Code and would like to try them out.

https://www.tacticalholsters.c...on-softshell-series/

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
I like the Blade Tech ones.

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Bladetech or HSGI Tacos. I like the Comptac as well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Riley,

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8342 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
ITW Fast mag or HSGI taco

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ITW Fast Mag... Simple/Easy.... Cost effective.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 862 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
I’ve used HSGI in the past but recently purchased some G Code soft scorpions. So far I’ve been extremely pleased with them and highly recommend them. I purchased them with the paddle belt statement for easy on/off. The paddles are small enough that they do not extend past he carrier and are easy to place next to each other on the belt. The paddle attachments are sturdy and are great for just a standard belt.

G-Code Scorpion

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blade Tech, Safariland and HSGI Tacos here. I've heard good things about Fastmag. RCS used to make some too, but they clearance them and released a new model.

Posts: 4576 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Family Man
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all of the replies. I’m leaning towards the HSGI Tacos. Does anyone have any experience with the Blue Force Gear Ten-Speed M4 magazine pouch?

Posts: 987 | Registered: December 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you do go Blade Tech, definitely get the Tek-Lok attachment for any magazine holders! Not having to take off your belt to put on/take off mag pouches is a big plus.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett257:
Thanks for all of the replies. I’m leaning towards the HSGI Tacos. Does anyone have any experience with the Blue Force Gear Ten-Speed M4 magazine pouch?

I have some for the front of a chest rig on a placard. They are very low profile. they are great until you need to put a mag back in the pouch one handed.

Posts: 4576 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
These look decent.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30639 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
These look decent.

Agreed. Simple design, $10 less than most. If right handed, I'd suggest worn on left side (this company calls that "right hand strong side"), rounds to the rear orientation. A rigid Kydex model will work better as mentioned for a class since you can 1-hand put mags in easier. You'll be shuffling loaded mags out of pockets into the carriers all day.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You've probably ordered by now, but:
What pouches (if any) do you already have?

I generally don't recommend making last minute gear changes before classes. Things like draw stroke and interaction with other equipment can become an issue. it's usually smoother/easier to do/use what you are familiar with.

Other considerations are late arriving shipments, wrong orders, etc.

You also need to look how you are attaching to your belt. Not every pouch has a clip or comes with malice clips or a tech lock.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CD228,

posted Hide Post
quote:
Does anyone have any experience with the Blue Force Gear Ten-Speed M4 magazine pouch?

The BFG ten speeds are pain to get the mags into and not something I would want to use in a class. I use them for my Glock 43 pistol mags for daily concealed carry.

I would run kydex for the class. The Comp-tac pouches are excellent as well as ITW fast mags and HSGI Tacos as already recommended.

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I like fastmags.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9682 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
I run ten speed pouches on a chest rig, mainly to feed my belt pouches. Putting a mag back in to a ten speed can be frustrating. Although better, I have a similar issue with the Taco's.

Pouches that work for you depend on their location, and your body. I am fairly short wasted, so found the Taco's and the fast mags to sit too high on my belt, allowing the mags to dig into my side. I find this is the case with most Kydex mag pouches. Fast mags are good on a chest rig for me, not a belt.

I currently use the ENDOM universal mag pouch and like them a lot. https://www.emdomusa.com/urlre...ne-Pouch-p/eu189.htm

All that being said: if you aren't planning on building a full battle belt, the ten speeds work great. They are low profile, light, fit all sorts of mags, are flat when empty and create a very low profile system.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2225 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post