SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Magpul Zhukov-S stock
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magpul Zhukov-S stock Login/Join 
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted
What do you guys think of the Magpul Zhukov-S folding stock? I've read some good reviews, including some youtube videos that attest to the durability of this stock, but I have not seen one in person.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rocket72
posted Hide Post
I have one on my Arsenal SGL26 and I like it. Fit and operation are very good. The only question I might have is in the hinge strength but I am not trying to use it as a hammer so it works for me.

Posts: 1537 | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
There is a review on youtube where the hinge ends up being the failure point. The stock didn't break until he drove over the hinge with a truck with the stock folded.

I am not familiar with the guy who did the review, so I'm not posting the link.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Driving over it? Try Rob Ski at the AK Operator's Union Local 47-74. That sounds like him.

I've heard both that the hinge is and is not a problem - depending on who's posted. I would love to hear something definitely good about the hinge and get a few more color options when it comes to the model made for Yugo AKs.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Driving over it? Try Rob Ski at the AK Operator's Union Local 47-74. That sounds like him.

That's who it was. I had posted the video here until I saw the first frame of the video had him tasting the side of the rifle (I kid you not).

I do not know anything about Rob Ski, but Para has said in the past he doesn't like some youtube authors. I don't know if that guy is on the good or bad list, so I deleted the video.

What I did see of the video made it look like the stock was tough, but I want to hear more from members here.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
RS Regulate now offers an adapter to attach the Yugo Zhukov stock to a Vz. 58. I plan on installing this setup on my Vz, to replace the craptastic factory metal folder.

Posts: 32493 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
let me know where you find the adaptor as I'm willing to try that on a VZ myself.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
let me know where you find the adaptor as I'm willing to try that on a VZ myself.

Will the adaptor work on a Vz2008?

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I got a couple sets when they first came out, I put one on my Hungarian AMD build and I like it. I've learned a lot since I built this one (my first AK) but as with other MagPul products, the quality is first rate!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
kimberkid, would you buy it again in the future?

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I already have ... I picked up a second set on sale but I haven't built the AK to put it on yet ... I've got a numbers matching Yugo RPK kit that I bought several years ago and a NoDak Spud receiver numbered to match the kit

posted Hide Post
I bought one for my SLR-105, I love it. I plan to pick up another one and mod it for my RPK-74.

Posts: 31 | Location: TN | Registered: April 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would you mind posting a photo of your slr105 with it. I'm thinking about doing it on mine.

Posts: 267 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Added to my original reply.

Besides the Zhukov, also installed a Magpul AK grip and ALG trigger. Sling is a Blue Force Gear AK sling. The whole setup works great, very sweet to shoot.

Bonus: all PLUM!

Posts: 31 | Location: TN | Registered: April 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one on my DDI, been used fairly regularly
for over a year, and no issues.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Thank you to everyone who has told us about their experience with this stock.

Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
Pic of mine on an NHM90 (922r compliant).
The stock and hand guard are not supposed to fit this rifle.
No problems whatsoever since adjusting to fit.
Much nicer than the Ace folder that was previously on it.

Edited to add: Link to picture originally stored on Photobucket has now been removed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Steve 22X,

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve 22X:
Pic of mine on an NHM90 (922r compliant).
The stock and hand guard are not supposed to fit this rifle.
No problems whatsoever since adjusting to fit.
Much nicer than the Ace folder that was previously on it.

That looks great, did you not like the long hand-guard?
I had originally bought the long one for my AMD 65 but for some reason it wouldn't fit (IIRC it was too long as the original barrel is only 12" and I had to use a 4.25" extension) but I did like it well enough to buy another stock and grip for the Yugo RPK for when I got it built.

Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:

I had originally bought the long one for my AMD 65 but for some reason it wouldn't fit (IIRC it was too long as the original barrel is only 12" and I had to use a 4.25" extension) but I did like it well enough to buy another stock and grip for the Yugo RPK for when I got it built.

Bought the Magpul stuff at a show and that was what the guy had available at the time but it is about the same length as what it originally came with.
A full length would also have required the front sling loop to be cut off the gas block.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve 22X:
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:

Bought the Magpul stuff at a show and that was what the guy had available at the time but it is about the same length as what it originally came with.
A full length would also have required the front sling loop to be cut off the gas block.

Now that you mention that I remember the sling loop problem ... usually I won't make a permanent modification like that either, but I don't think that was the deal with the AMD.