SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Thoughts on a POF P308, or Seekins Precision SP10 18"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts on a POF P308, or Seekins Precision SP10 18" Login/Join 
posted
I am considering picking up a p308

https://pof-usa.com/firearms/p308-spr/

I found a local one Gen 2 used, and I have also seen some good prices on P308's gen 4 online.

I have also looked at a few DD, and a few Seekins. I am liking the look and feel of the seekins.

http://www.seekinsprecision.co...rifles/sp10-308.html

Anyone have one that cares to comment.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DSgrouse,

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quality and high quality. Can't go wrong with anything Seekins makes. You'd be good either way.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Everything I have gotten from Seekins is very high quality. I have a 300 Blackout that I have about 4000 rounds through with no issue. I also got a complete upper from Seekins for 223 Wylde that shoots very nice.

Posts: 1217 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I am still mulling it over. I was able to put the seekins 22" 6.5 creedmoor and seekins SP10 16" 308 in hand. They are nicely done that is for sure . I would like to put my hands on a POF to see if i find that I like it more.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I chose the POF p308 Edge SPR NP3. I liked the seekins fine, but it was 400 more than the POF.
https://pof-usa.com/firearms/p308-spr/
As an interim scope I bought another SWFA 10x42 again.
https://swfa.com/swfa-ss-10x42...mm-riflescope-6.html

I bought one of these for my anni last year. I really like it. I have read several reviews of them being used on 308's, lets see how it does. I looked long and hard at US optins b10 1.8-10. At this point though, i have spent enough mondy.

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
A well respected gunsmith says the POF is but like a tank. While typically do my own research as well, his recommendation adds credibility. I have no personal experience with them in the last 10 years but I've found them to be of quality as well.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
A well respected gunsmith says the POF is but like a tank. While typically do my own research as well, his recommendation adds credibility. I have no personal experience with them in the last 10 years but I've found them to be of quality as well.

It was a hard decision. What it came down to was the price. I really like the feature set of the POF SPR NP3. It was 400 less than the Seekins, that covers the SWFA scope for the time being. I am sure that I would have been happy with the Seekins, I was just able to go all in for the same price. I will post photos when I get it in and have time. I have a POF Ar15, I think it was their Puritan model. Nothing fancy stock or forend wise, but Damn if it is not easy to shoot and clean. It functions wolf, Tula, BVAC (now Armscor) and any other shit ammo i can chuck in the mag. It is accurate enough at 100 yds.

I told the wife i was going to skip buying one last night. She said to sleep on it. I did, I woke up having decided this is a good time to buy. I think the ar market is at about as low a slump as one can find. I think given the recent heat on gun issues we will see prices start to rise slowly as the gun market picks up. I don't think this will be a 2008 Obama run or a 2013/14 Legislation run. Just that we have seen the market correct its self, and now thing will trend up for a while.

posted Hide Post
Well, It arrived today. I put my spare Hawke 6-24 sidewinder scope on it. I was able to get it on paper.

Here is my best 3 shot group once i got on paper