SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Red dot on an A3 carry handle - shooting
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Red dot on an A3 carry handle - shooting Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted
I have a Bushmaster 15XM E2S A3. I also have an adapter that attaches to the top of the carry handle. It's a Bushnell Trophy Tdot.

With it mounted it's high and difficult to really get a good "cheek weld". Perhaps that's not an issue, but just doesn't feel very solid.

Mounting the Bushnell on the rail by removing the carry handle puts the front sight post in the way and makes the Tdot pretty useless.

The setup is pretty low end, but trying to make it as good as it can be for that rifle.

Any suggestions?

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
They make "riser rails" that will lift the red dot either to co-witness or lift over the front sight post.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gibb:
They make "riser rails" that will lift the red dot either to co-witness or lift over the front sight post.

this is the best and most easy, the rails are not that expensive,
you can also find a forward mount , it mounts on the carry handle but is cantilevered forward to put the dot on a rail that sits just over the handguard, (Cmore was one of the first to do this I think,,)

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Cantilever mount is one option.

Cut off the top of the gas block and ditch irons entirely is another. Lots of people have chopped the top off of a fsb, it works fine.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Or if you go ahead and mount the sight lower on the carry handle, it's not really hard to get accustomed to the front sight sticking up there in the red dot picture. You tend to just ignore it after a little while and it doesn't interfere with your dot/target alignment.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post