SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Broke down and drank the SCAR kool aid
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Broke down and drank the SCAR kool aid Login/Join 
With bad intent
posted
Picked up a 17S today. Was holding out for a FDE model but found a deal on black so maybe off for cerakoting soon. Came with the following upgrades so I shouldnt have to do much but maybe swap the stock. All factory parts included as well.

17S
Handl Defense SCAR25 M110 lower
Geiselle Super SCAR
Handl Defense Advanced fore rial extended(will likely replace with the included MI extended rail)
HDD Magpul PRS stock_ will go back to stock or try the KDG ACR stock)
HDD Specs ops Spec Ops Duo charging handle
Lantac Dragon Muzzle brake(swap out with SiCo brake)
AXTS Ambi selector
Molon Industries titanium firing pin(will go back to stock)
x2 Molon Industries 25 round mags( no experience with these so probably relegated to range use as I have some Pmags already)
The factory lower was rebuilt to complete with factory parts and 5 factory mags.

No plans to SBR so it should be good to go out of the box for the most part. Figure I'll put my USO 1-8 on there. Put the cart before the horse and got a FDE color USO, anybody want to trade for black?

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool. Now go shoot something with it and tell us about it in gory details so we can envy you even more. Smile

Posts: 4547 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
No pics? A purchase like that must include pics.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Don't have it in hand yet so pics will be along shortly.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You will love it! I seem to find excuses to take it to the range every trip.

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Someone here at one point posted a pretty in depth lost of spare parts to have on hand, anyone recall who it was?

Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a sweet setup WP! Can't wait to see pics of it. I started out with a black 17, but found one in FDE a little while later and got it. I really like both of them though.

Brett B has some pretty good knowledge on spare parts. Also, the guy from FL... his username is on the tip of my keyboard but I just can't remember it.

kilyung - Love that setup!

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
The guy from FL... RHINOWSO

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Yaaaaaa... how could I forget his username!! Big Grin

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I'd like a SCAR.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
I'd like a SCAR.

Me too.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
I think it was BrettB that had posted the list some time back.

Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Love my SCAR, been wanting for an ACR stock for it. My stamp should be here any day nowSmile

Congrats!

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had my Scar 17 for a couple years now.I am very glad to have the much more accurate black version instead of the inferior second rate FDE version that the poor people have.Love my Scar.

Posts: 75 | Registered: August 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How have you been liking the ACR stock? I thought I read about them producing some undue wear where the adaptor met the reciever but I could be wrong. I know owning both that I'd far prefer the ACR stock on feel and the ability to just slap it open.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the dard side! You'll like it I'm sure.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Nice, welcome to the SCAR world.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
I have a 16.
A 17 is very high on my to-get list.

Congrats!

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
How have you been liking the ACR stock? I thought I read about them producing some undue wear where the adaptor met the reciever but I could be wrong. I know owning both that I'd far prefer the ACR stock on feel and the ability to just slap it open.

I love the ACR stock... better than the UGG boot IMO. There have been reports that the aluminium backplate of the ACR causes canted screws on the stock adapter at the rear of the receiver. The thinking is that the aluminium is too rigid (for the recoiling bolt) than the polymer back plate of the UGG stock. This rigidity in turn causes undue stress on the stock adapter causing the screws to cant. I don't know if there's any merit to the argument but it sounds plausible. However my rifle already had canted screws BEFORE I installed the ACR stock. In order to mitigate the risk, I changed the gas screw to a smaller hole which should reduce the force of the bolt moving back and minimize the issue. Another benefit is less gas in my face when shooting suppressed. My SCAR runs much smoother as well.

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vincent317
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wayne in boca:
I have had my Scar 17 for a couple years now.I am very glad to have the much more accurate black version instead of the inferior second rate FDE version that the poor people have.Love my Scar.

I've noticed the accuracy difference, too, especially at distances greater than 200 yards.

Posts: 593 | Location: NC | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post