SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Kissing cousins- a pair of Ruger Internationals
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kissing cousins- a pair of Ruger Internationals Login/Join 
Smarter than the
average bear
posted

I've always liked a Mannlicher stock, and decided to buy a Ruger 10/22 International in stainless. My intent was to make a classy squirrel rifle. After shooting it with subsonic ammo, I decided that subsonic was the way to go, but the 10/22 won't cycle with the lower power rounds. So the search began for a 77/22 International, and now I have a set! I still need to choose a scope (or two), but I really like the looks of these guns.

Does anyone know if you can change out springs in a 10/22 to make it cycle reliably with low power rounds?

Posts: 3425 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
I really like the looks of these guns.

Same.

I'm a fan of Ruger Internationals.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I really want a stainless International in waffle-checkered stock. Then, I remember I have two really nice 10/22's I never shoot anyways. I still want one, though.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
Oh, man, I like those!

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Love that pair! Very nice.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
I have a pair of stainless Ruger kissing cousins too:

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Sweet

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post