SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Remington 700 5-R
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 700 5-R Login/Join 
Picture of tenmm
posted
I've been experimenting with shooting longer ranges this summer with my Armalite National Match AR-10. While it shoots very well, under an inch at 100yds, I thought maybe a bolt gun would do a little better.
I got a Rem 700 5-R in 300 Win Mag, HS Precision stock. Very nice rifle! I put a Burris XTR II on it, loaded some 220gr MatchKings and put 3 rounds inside a half inch with my first group. The fourth shot made it a 1" group, but I wasnt complaining! The X-Mark Pro trigger is junk, Timeny is going to replace it. Cleaning the barrel is easier than any I've ever done. A buddy bought the same rifle in 308, it loves FGMM ammo.
All in all, fantastic rifle that isnt priced out of reach.

Posts: 760 | Location: Alaska | Registered: December 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
The 5R's are excellent rifles for a factory shooter.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
The 5R's are excellent rifles for a factory shooter.

RMD

Glad to Hear this I have been looking at these myself.

Posts: 1596 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love my 308 R700. First thing I did was put a Timney trigger in mine. Shoots better than me.

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
Yup, got one in .300 WM as well. Shoots 0.25 MOA with handloads. Stretched it out to 1400m this summer, was boringly accurate. Great rifle!

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
medlem
posted Hide Post
Has anyone seen the Gen 2's in the wild? On their website, it says "Unavailable". I emailed their customer service on Sept 1st, and they said , "We are hoping to be shipping those very soon as they are in production now.". Just curious where they are at on these. I was looking at picking one up in 6.5 Creedmoor.

https://www.remington.com/rifl...nless-threaded-gen-2

Posts: 2242 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: September 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tenmm
posted Hide Post
A buddy picked up a Gen 2 in 308 at the same time as my 300. It loves Federal GMM, shot 1/2" groups that first day.
I just got a Timney installed in mine, should be able to try it out tomorrow.

Posts: 760 | Location: Alaska | Registered: December 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post