SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Smith & Wesson M&P15 Sport II - apparently a best buy
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smith & Wesson M&P15 Sport II - apparently a best buy Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
A local store has, among other S&W firearms this weekend, this rifle on sale for $489. Maybe you could do better, but not by much.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
I have a S&W Sport II that I paid $600 for it new and it's a really good rifle. I also have a 3 PSA AR 15's and they are also good shooters for less money.

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 9186 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the money, it is a bargain gun that shoots and holds up like a more expensive one. I had one I traded out a little while, for a revolver I was really wanting and the thing ate whatever I fed it and was pretty impressive out to 150 yards,which for me is about as far as I can shoot one in my area. Some have all of the Magpul furniture parts on them,which really makes it a great bargain.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No issues with 1:9 barrel twist ?

Posts: 4757 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
Most people wouldn't shoot it enough to tell any difference in twist rates...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
Most people wouldn't shoot it enough to tell any difference in twist rates...

And in my experience, people buying this class of rifle don't give a damn if it won't handle 77 grain SMKs or whatever hot-stuff heavy match load is popular these days. They care that it will accurately and reliably fire the bulk 55 or 62 grain ammo that these buyers are going to grab on sale at their local supplier.

People buying these, or the Ruger 556, or the Del-Ton Echo, are looking for an affordable, reliable, accurate rifle for home defense, light hunting, or just because they want in on the AR thing. They aren't looking to shoot competition or super long range, and they certainly aren't paying match-grade money for ammo.

The Sport II is the equivalent or better than anything in its price range.

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
At the below $500 I would go the S&W Route KCW.

Nothing wrong with PSA either. S&W would be my choice.

Six of one half a do' of the yo'. S&W my choice also. PSA is goo but I have more experience with S&W.
Thank you Mr Bellum.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post