SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Colt AR-15 Upper Markings - Need to ask for some guidance please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt AR-15 Upper Markings - Need to ask for some guidance please Login/Join 
posted
SIGForum Friends - What are the markings I should look for and find on an AR-15 complete upper that clearly identifies the upper as being a Colt? Looking at an upper this weekend that the guy says it came off of a Colt Carbine...The upper has the BCG and Charging Handle also...

Thanks in advance - Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
As mentioned, typically a "C MPC" marking on the barrel.

Generally a "C" marking on the left side of the bolt carrier. As mentioned, the "C" marking has been omitted from recent Colt rifles for some reasons, but unless this upper is quite new, the marking should be there.

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of price is he asking?

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. This is what I needed to know. Have a great weekend....Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post