SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    The Bula XM21 CBR (Carbon Fiber Battle Rifle)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Bula XM21 CBR (Carbon Fiber Battle Rifle) Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
I've been spending some time messing with a new kind of M14. Here's a quick overview for anyone interested in a modernized optics ready M14.

]

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Amat victoria curam
Picture of i8mtm
posted Hide Post
Good video. It is nice to see options for the M14 platform. I have some really nice ones and I think it is a great design, but since I got into SCAR's - my M14 guns tend to stay in the safe.

I have an LRB in a SAGE stock, it has a "lightweight" Criterion barrel, but the thing is still so heavy compared to my SCAR that shooting offhand, I just can't hit with it as easy as I can the SCAR 17.

One question for you. With a threaded m14 barrel, do they suppress well - given the gas system is "self-adjusting"?

I would like to be able to run a can on an M14, but since they were never designed for it, I am concerned about over-pressure. I appreciate if you can share any info on this? Would it be advisable to use an adjustable gas plug?

Thanks!
-i8mtm

Posts: 486 | Location: Eastern PA | Registered: August 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tony, excellent overview of the Bula CBR. Your videos are very instructional and helped me very much for my first M14 build, which is also a Bula.

This summer I purchased the XM21 receiver with head-spaced 22" NM barrel from Jeff. I also purchased one of his CBR chassis at Camp Perry in July, and also bought their parts kit. To date I have the rifle almost finished, thanks to your videos and help from Jeff along the way as well.

Last night I ordered a Magpul PRS Gen 3 stock, and only need to order a flash suppressor for the .595" - 32 barrel thread, and then decide on the optic. It's getting close. Enjoyed your video on the CBR very much. Thanks.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tony, another great video.

Posts: 1579 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by i8mtm:

One question for you. With a threaded m14 barrel, do they suppress well - given the gas system is "self-adjusting"?

I would like to be able to run a can on an M14, but since they were never designed for it, I am concerned about over-pressure. I appreciate if you can share any info on this? Would it be advisable to use an adjustable gas plug?

Thanks!
-i8mtm

Gas blowback in the face is the main issue with running a suppressor. It's better with a scope installed and once I do get around to running a suppressor on an M14, I'll fabricate a blast deflector.

As for the gas system, It's best to run a Schuster adjustable gas system and adjust it until it cycles the action reliably.

quote:
Originally posted by Merc50:
Thanks Tony, excellent overview of the Bula CBR. Your videos are very instructional and helped me very much for my first M14 build, which is also a Bula.

This summer I purchased the XM21 receiver with head-spaced 22" NM barrel from Jeff. I also purchased one of his CBR chassis at Camp Perry in July, and also bought their parts kit. To date I have the rifle almost finished, thanks to your videos and help from Jeff along the way as well.

Last night I ordered a Magpul PRS Gen 3 stock, and only need to order a flash suppressor for the .595" - 32 barrel thread, and then decide on the optic. It's getting close. Enjoyed your video on the CBR very much. Thanks.

It's always nice to see that the videos are helping people get their rifles up and running. It truly puts a smile on my face.

As a side note, I was digging up some old targets and I found the single accuracy target I shot with the 3-9x scope and 168gr FGMM and it measured ~2.1" which is great for a battle rifle that has no accuracy modifications. I'm sure I could easily bring it down to ~1.2 MOA.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post