SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Cousin selling his TA11J for 600$, should I?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cousin selling his TA11J for 600$, should I? Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
So he is short on money and I always liked that model ACOG.

But I also think that money would go really well towards an accupoint.

I'm just kind of torn, it's a damn fine price for an ACOG, but I was never the biggest fan when I had them...

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Buy a variable.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check the eye relief when it's placed on your rifle, on paper it's 2.4 inches. The rest of the specs look good, weight, size, etc. The price is less than half the trijicon list price, I'd check gunbroker to see what they are going for there. If you don't like it you could probably flip it. Folks always seem to be building M4 or M16 clones and putting ACOGS on them. The ACOG is a rather good optic for what it does, but if it doesn't meet your needs, it wouldn't be a wise investment.

Posts: 4585 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
...but I was never the biggest fan when I had them...

quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
Buy a variable.

And there you go.

Posts: 7871 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depends on what you currently have... but I am very inclined to say yes.

Any ACOG in great shape for $600 is a good deal IMO.

-----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I just bought the same ACOG with green illumination from a friend who bought it new last year. He sold it to me for $800. I thought that was a good deal. If the one you're looking at is in great condition, $600 is a steal.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would get it, and after a while you do not like it, you could flip it and make a profit.

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post