SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Just picked up a Banshee MK10
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just picked up a Banshee MK10 Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
As most of you know I’m sitting overseas!

Have a few things I’ve bought in the past month. One is the 300 series mk10. Got lucky enough to find one at Buds cause I wasn’t paying 1900$ on the auction site.

While I can’t put my hands on it for another year or better, what have the owners on this forum noticed? Series 300 looks pretty straightforward on paper, decent grip and charging handle. Sling attachments.

I’m going to load up on magazines and probably stick with irons or put a T-1 Micro on it. Most of you using irons or MRO?

I’m not seeing a real need for a light, maybe later if I actually use it for a woods gun shooting pigs.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6253 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice. I'm sure you will (eventually) enjoy the heck out of it.

I'm digging my Banshee in 10mm. I have an MRO on it.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Looks great! I ordered the 9mm Glock version complete lower in slate. Guessing it will be to my FFL around Christmas. I’ll eform 1 it into an sbr as soon as I get a serial number.

I made a separate order for the upper in slate and will use it on one of my sbr’d lowers with endo mags for the time being. But guessing the upper will get here around the same time.

No plans on irons. I have a 4moa C-More sitting around to try on it. Probably dedicate the Omega 9K to it as well.

I was going to get stormtrooper white but decided to try slate. If I like it I will get the 10mm version in stormtrooper white.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome gun. I have the .45 version and love it. If you ever decide to reload for it, hit me up when you come back and I will send you dies for it.

Thank you for you service. I did 24 and you last 14 will fly by before you know it: Big Grin

Posts: 1096 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by usncorpsman:
Awesome gun. I have the .45 version and love it. If you ever decide to reload for it, hit me up when you come back and I will send you dies for it.

Thank you for your service. I did 24 and your last 14 will fly by before you know it: Big Grin

Posts: 1096 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by usncorpsman:

Thank you for you service. I did 24 and you last 14 will fly by before you know it: Big Grin

Thank you very much, Actually picked up a set of RCBS dies recently in preparation. These first two contacts have gone by really fast and I'm almost done with my second duty station.

I'll definitely be SBR'ing this, because I need approval from the Sherriff I highly doubt I can even begin this process while overseas? Or does the E-file option allow for this to happen? I mean technically as long as they are stored legally and I am still a Florida resident?

Posts: 6253 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
You sure you need approval?
My understanding was that with the "new"(couple years old now) NFA laws all you needed to do was NOTIFY the sheriff.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
You sure you need approval?
My understanding was that with the "new"(couple years old now) NFA laws all you needed to do was NOTIFY the sheriff.

I admit I am not sure at all.

Been more than 8 years since I did any form of tax stamp.

I will look into it though. Would be very advantageous to get the wait over while I am overseas and can't use the stuff anyway.

posted Hide Post
notify.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
You just mail them their copy of the form.

You're going to need to send fingerprints within a week if you do eform 1.

Unless you have someone stateside standing by with fingerprint cards already done you might just wait till you get back. It's supposed to be under a month. I just eform 1'd an sbr recently. Waiting to see how long it takes, they got the prints last week.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
As to notify, its been a while since I did my last one, a M11/nine machine gun, I went to the sheriff to get my prints done, and gave the deputy my form, told her what it was, she said "okay we've been notified" and after she did my prints she just threw it in the trash.

To say I was a bit worried about my paperwork going through is an understatement, but in 11 months I got a call from my 07 to come pick it up.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
I managed to get one of these and looking at optics now. Any thoughts on putting the brand new Gen II Spitfire 3x or it looks like Primary Arms has their GLx 2x. I understand they're made for 5.56 with the BDC but figure I can still sight in 10mm using just the center dot. Really like the horseshoe for quick acquisition.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: steelcityfishanddive,

Posts: 1312 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steelcityfishanddive:
I managed to get one of these and looking at optics now. Any thoughts on putting the brand new Gen II Spitfire 3x or it looks like Primary Arms has their GLx 2x. I understand they're made for 5.56 with the BDC but figure I can still sight in 10mm using just the center dot. Really like the horseshoe for quick acquisition.

I have a Trijicon MRO on my Banshee 10mm. Great firearm and optic.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
While I don’t have the Banshee specifically I am building a small 10mm AR pistol.
I really like the MRO on my 16” 5.56 rifle I think I am going to go with a Leupold Delta Point Pro for this build.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After deliberating for over a year, in mid-December I ordered a Banshee 300 Mk10 in 10mm Auto. Looks like 4-6 months build time.

I purchased a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x about the same time, and it has since arrived. Reviews note that the 10mm will punch out several hundred yards and I wanted the magnification. I have a Strike Eagle 1-8x on my Marlin .444 lever gun for deer hunting, and it worked quite well last year.

I have 1x red dots on a few of my SBRs, 9mm and 300 Blk, and they work well for shorter distances and are lighter.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Question for owners. Do the extended Kriss magazines function in the Banshee?

Posts: 456 | Location: Ocala, FL 34478 | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Merc50:
After deliberating for over a year, in mid-December I ordered a Banshee 300 Mk10 in 10mm Auto. Looks like 4-6 months build time.

I purchased a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x about the same time, and it has since arrived. Reviews note that the 10mm will punch out several hundred yards and I wanted the magnification. I have a Strike Eagle 1-8x on my Marlin .444 lever gun for deer hunting, and it worked quite well last year.

I have 1x red dots on a few of my SBRs, 9mm and 300 Blk, and they work well for shorter distances and are lighter.

I’ve been thinking about doing the same. Have the Mk57 Banshee and am impressed. Just hesitant to add a new caliber has have nothing in 10mm...but still tempted.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Im most likely going to just get another Aimpoint T1.

If not then ill just keep it with iron sights.

I actually bought it for bear defense while in the woods so i doubt the magnification will be necessary.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Merc50:

My upper just got charged and a note added that it’s on the way to cerakote. I ordered it 9/15/20. So about 4 months. Hoping my lower gets updated tomorrow with a note. I ordered that on 9/16/20.

Not minority enough!

Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
If you dont care too much about color, Buds gets shipment very regularly