SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    PMAG Failures
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PMAG Failures Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I still think you might have a bad batch - sure Magpul says they haven't had any reports, but how many mags are bought and stored for years before being used.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hey! I like stuff
posted Hide Post
I have A LOT of pmags still in wrapper, the ones in service for me are only used for 300 blk (gen 3) with all of my go to mags for 5.56 being Lancer, makes it easy to identify when hitting the range. I honestly haven't had any issues with multiple types of ammo but I would be pretty worried that they are skeptical of your situation.

The interesting part to me is that they are taking all that time to correspond with you, when just sending you replacement mags would probably be less time for the CS rep. Hopefully they step up to help you out, please keep us updated!

Posts: 2756 | Location: Sterling, VA | Registered: July 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I have a ton of pmags new in the wrapper as well. Just accumulated them over the years. 9 times out of 10 I use Lancer though. I know that doesn't do shit to solve your problem, maybe just try a couple and see if they work better for you? Good luck.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I am probably going to replace all of my PMAGs to a different product for 300 AAC. I'm carrying these in my bugout bag, in my truck, and on my armor. I have to have 100% confidence in them, and the rounds I carry, aren't light....just quiet.

I'm pretty upset over their response as well. There's 2 emails I didn't even include here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13950 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
That sucks, just another reminder that you should never place fail in a single product.

Most of mine are NHMTG, with some D&H (under various OEMs, Brownells, BCM, etc). I recently dumped the handful of various PMAGs I had (old ones, pre M2s) and bought 10 M3 and 6 Lancers to try. I haven't done much with them yet, but I know the tried and true NHMTG & D&H are the solid standard.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
My Lancers seem to run reliably with 300BLK. I bought ten of them when they were on sale several months back. Just an alternative to consider.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post