SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    10ga Browning Pump Questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

10ga Browning Pump Questions Login/Join 
Picture of Sailor1911
posted
A friend of mine came across a used 10ga Browning Pump shotgun with a camo appearance. I've been looking for a goose gun. I haven't yet had the chance to go look and touch it so I'm going off his description. He says that this particular one has what he called a "rubbery" stock and forearm. Anybody know anything about that? What kind of material is it? Is it normal for it to feel like it's "sticky" for lack of a better term? Anything else you can enlighten me on will be appreciated.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
http://www.insideoutoutdoors.c...problems-experienced

Here is some info that sounds like the condition you mention.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Guess I'll pass on this one.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Browning's "Dura Touch" finish isn't very "dura".

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I would think they do some testing with the finish. One wildcard is the type of solvents available to clean & lube a gun with. There are a good many that are a fair amount stronger than Hoppes #9.

I’d try to keep stronger solvents inside the bore, though a bit could easily migrate to the outside. I also wouldn’t doubt there is some mention of stronger solvents in the owners manual, possibility of harm to the ‘Duro-Touch’.

I have an older BPS shotgun I bought used, with a cameo finish. It’s mostly as backup, the finish seems O.K., not great. For whatever reason I’m not bothered if the finish is less than perfect.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10-8
Picture of Apphunter
posted Hide Post
that is a pretty specialized gun and there aren't a lot of them out there. Show all the info you find to the seller and try to get him to lower his price. Then go pick up some after market furniture for it.

Posts: 915 | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post