SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Bergara Rifles?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bergara Rifles? Login/Join 
Picture of CQB60
posted
I have a line on new sporter bolt gun. It’s a Begara B-14 Timber. The action is Tikka smooth and the stock is simply beautiful. I know all about their barrels. Anyone have any experience with these rifles? Thanks in advance

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I'd buy one for the right price. They are far nicer than the Remington, Savage, Ruger American, & Mossberg offerings. Fit/finish is very good. Accuracy is also very good. The only thing that beats the Bergara's for the money is a Tikka in my book, though Tikka's are steadily climbing in price. Would not hesitate to grab one of these fine rifles to hunt with.

Posts: 2825 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
We've had numerous customer inquiries regarding their rifles, and I've had my eye out on distributor websites as to availability. Seems like there's been ample talk about the quality prior to the guns actually being in the U.S. market.

Three weeks ago it was all about straight pull rifles from customers. And today I had two inquiries for the newest JP Sauer & Sohn 100 series bolt guns. Damn, more hunting guns to read up on. Seems like people are busy watching the same YouTube vids or something...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback. I found a B-14 Timber chambered in 6.5CM at an estate sale. The walnut they use for their stocks have some beautiful and unique patterning. Certainly conversation starters. Ferrari like Palm swell and craftsmen grade checkering. Somebodies doing things right at Bergara it seems. I would’ve thought more members would have been cognizant to this brand?

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
I looked at one when I was shopping for a 6.5 CM but ended up with a Tikka, which has been superb. The Bergara felt really good and seemed to be well made but I just didn’t know enough about it.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
I would’ve thought more members would have been cognizant to this brand?

They're still the new kids on the block, with limited distribution. I have fondled one in a LGS, but have not yet seen one in the field. Nor do I personally know anyone who has shot one.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
The Bergara B-14 HMR’s shoot sub half moa all day long if you can do your part. Most places can’t keep them in stock since a lot of new PRS guys are using them to get into the game. Very good value, especially sinc it comes with an adjustable stock.

Posts: 2825 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Here is a link about mine

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Sweet, Thank you!
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
Here is a link about mine

posted Hide Post
"all day long if you can do your part"

Among my favorite lines on the webz.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post