SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    "Homeland Security shooters are dumping .308 for 6.5 Creedmoor"
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Homeland Security shooters are dumping .308 for 6.5 Creedmoor" Login/Join 
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Completely agree. 65CM finds it advantage from 300m +
quote:
The 6.5 Creedmoor (and I have a rifle chambered for the cartridge) is no better for close to intermediate range sniper operations than the venerable 308 Winchester, and the latter has far more ammunition options.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
My personal opinion for the switch is that SOCOM is moving away from the .308 and switching to 6.5 Creedmoor. Law enforcement tends to follow what the military is using. Personally I made the switch seven years ago because of ballistics and recoil management advantages. The military made the switch for similar reasons.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post