SIGforum
M1 carbine 15 rd mags....places to find?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/7820052644

August 25, 2018, 06:06 PM
m1009
M1 carbine 15 rd mags....places to find?
Just became the proud owner of a 1943 m1 carabine again, and now want to find a good place for good condition 15 rd mags. Anybody have good sources by chance? It’s National Postal Meter, and in great condition by the way.
Are the Korean mags any good? Or should I stick with USGI?
Thanks all!
August 25, 2018, 06:11 PM
SIG4EVA
I run the Korean new ones and they are flawless. Don't remember where I bought them but this is the same thing.

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/kc...-round-magazine.html

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"
August 25, 2018, 06:47 PM
MikeinNC
My good friend owns a gun shop and has lots of M1carbine parts and mags...email me and I will forward his info.

He is "Floodzone" on gunbroker, but does not have a lot of stuff on there right now as GB charges him for the listing after some time...

He usually prices stuff by using GB to make things competitive.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker
August 25, 2018, 07:04 PM
RogueJSK
The Korean M1 Carbine magazines are great.

I have quite a few of them, and they've proven to be even more reliable than some of my USGI mags in my carbines. (Although my Korean mags are new, while many of my USGI mags are used, some heavily.)
August 25, 2018, 07:15 PM
arcwelder
Please post topics like this in the rifle room.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

August 25, 2018, 07:27 PM
m1009
Sorry, Arc....wasn’t thinking about where to post. Just kind of excited.
But thank you everybody!
August 25, 2018, 09:19 PM
Batty67
My M1 carbine has zero issues with the Korean or USGI magazines. I personally prefer the 15-round magazines over 30-rounders.
August 25, 2018, 10:05 PM
Oat_Action_Man
I've had not a single failure in the ten+ years I've had my CMP carbine with either USGI or Korean mags. I use the Korean ones more frequently, since they just float to the top of my magazine crate somehow.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.
October 07, 2018, 11:32 PM
1KPerDay
quote:
Originally posted by OMCHamlin:
I would advise that you stay with only USGI standard 15 round mags, the Koreans can make a mag that looks like many popular, well made mags, it’s just that they seldom work. Don’t take a nice find of a carbine and cheapen it with junk mags.
in my experience it's the GI mags that are junk. Korean mags work much better for me in my carbines even after putting Wolff springs in my GI mags.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.
October 08, 2018, 04:29 AM
Voshterkoff
I save my USGI mags from wear by using Korean mags. The carbine has possibly the weakest magazine design in common usage.
October 08, 2018, 12:57 PM
KML
Korean M-1 15 round mags. Most GI mags are worn out
October 08, 2018, 02:48 PM
jaybirdaccountant
I've never used the Korean mags, but the U.S. GI mags have always worked for me. Of course anything can wear out or get damaged.
October 09, 2018, 10:59 AM
GarandGuy
Another fan here of the Korean KCI 15 round M1 mags. I've got dozens of them and have yet to experience a problem.

I collect the GI mags but rarely use them except when shooting CMP matches. And that's just because not because you have too.

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?