SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    M249S Range Trip
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M249S Range Trip Login/Join 
I wanna go home
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
CD you are correct. I talked to Gemtech and the BFA cut in the flashider is not the same as the A2 so i might look for a along barrel for when i want to run it supressed. Andyb i did not mean to hi-jack your thread. I am glad to here from other 249 owners.

Posts: 1201 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:
Awesome!

This is probably a silly question, but can you reassemble the belt links? Or are you limited to buying preassembled and loaded belts of ammunition?

This linker is nearly $600.

http://ammunitionstore.com/pro...mi-machine-guns.html

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate you all. :P

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:
Awesome!

This is probably a silly question, but can you reassemble the belt links? Or are you limited to buying preassembled and loaded belts of ammunition?

This linker is nearly $600.

http://ammunitionstore.com/pro...mi-machine-guns.html

They are pretty easy to do by hand and reusable. I linked up a couple hundred rounds last night just watching tv. No linker for me Wink

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3596 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone had a model picky about links? Mine has handled new and surplus links flawlessly, but a friend of mine with an Ares on his M16 had to use new, lightly lubricated links for it to run well.

I agree hand linking is pretty easy...line up 10 links or so at a time and slide the cartridges right in.

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 666 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Creeping_Death:
Has anyone had a model picky about links? Mine has handled new and surplus links flawlessly, but a friend of mine with an Ares on his M16 had to use new, lightly lubricated links for it to run well.

I agree hand linking is pretty easy...line up 10 links or so at a time and slide the cartridges right in.

The tool my friend has looks just like the picture deep ocean linked to, like I said It would link 20 together at once, but you have to have everything lined up just right ... getting the links and bullets set up takes almost as long as linking one at a time.

I bought 3000+ links when I first got my MCR supposedly they had been used once ... They look pretty new and I've relinked belts from 4 of my nut sacks 3-4 times without any issues in my Ares Defense MCR. The ones I have are spring steel so unless one gets mangled they are re-useable.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5705 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post