SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    What rail over .22 can?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What rail over .22 can? Login/Join 
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted
I think I have decide to grab a CMMG bolt/4.5" barrel combo. I have a Dead Air Mask I will be using, what rail systems are you guys using? I saw the Fortis Switch rail and you can easily take it off and make sure the can is tight but its not cheap. Are there cheaper fast attach rails? Or some teflon tape to keep can on tight? I guess I am a little a lot concerned about the can coming loose.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Personally I wouldn't ever worry about a .22 can coming loose. What I would do is go with a 7" handguard. Which would leave about an inch sticking out pass the guard. Therefore you could check the can, whenever you want for tightness...

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
CMMG upper, CMMG 7” rail, CMMG 4” barrel and bolt.
Never had the suppressor come loose.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8011 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
^^^Chowser, are you using the Better Mag adaptor? If so how do you like it?

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
22LR suppressors (direct thread) seem to stay put. I still check them after a magazine or 3, but I think the reduced recoil compared to a centerfire direct thread pistol or rifle can is the difference.

At least that's my experience with a SiCo Sparrow and HTA B22 on multiple hosts (M&P15/22, Ruger 10/22, Beretta 87, CZ 452/455, M&P22C, etc).

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I guess I am just paranoid about it coming loose, I honestly can't remember my Mask coming loose using a Ruger MKIII.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
7” Midwest industries rail with the same 4.5” cmmg barrel kit and my dead air mask. Pretty sure this is my favorite gun I own.

4.5” .22 SBR

Posts: 239 | Location: The Great Salt Lake | Registered: November 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post