SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    A2 upper
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A2 upper Login/Join 
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted
Anyone know where I can find an A2 upper with a 16 inch pencil barrel or a 14.5 pinned and welded? I want a lightweight KISS gun but can't find that particular upper configuration anywhere.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Just to clarify, you are looking for a carbine length lightweight barrel, mounted on a fixed carry handle upper receiver?

The "A2" configuration is generally a 20" barrel.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Does Bushmaster sell the XM15 upper separately?
Or maybe the DPMS Panther Lite?

Those are the only two I can think of in that configuration from the factory.

And +1 to what Gibb mentioned. Most AR people will think of the 20" rifle length gas when somebody says "A2". (I know I did)

Posts: 10749 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
Bushmaster used to make an XM15 in that configuration. One of my local dealers had a ton that were police trade in, and I believe it was called the E2S.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In addition to the one I posted, you can also look around for a used Colt 6520 upper or complete carbine, which is the configuration you're looking for.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gibb:
Just to clarify, you are looking for a carbine length lightweight barrel, mounted on a fixed carry handle upper receiver?

The "A2" configuration is generally a 20" barrel.

That is correct, and also the reason I'm having such a tough time. The add-on carry handles add weight and the knobs sticking off the sides irritate me. I'd rather have an A2 for both reasons. The barrel length is because this is going to be a house gun, and the lighter the better because my wife can handle it easier.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks! This is exactly what I'm looking for.

That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I wish Colt would bring back the 6520. I love that configuration.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CDNN has used Colt 6520s in stock for $799. Please buy them so I can stop being tempted to do so myself.

Posts: 300 | Location: Washington | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JJexp:
Bushmaster used to make an XM15 in that configuration. One of my local dealers had a ton that were police trade in, and I believe it was called the E2S.

Though not an A2, I have a Windham made 14.5" Bushmaster with an p/w Izzy flashhider.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that's the add on carry handle, not in the hunt.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post