SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    AR Uppers.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR Uppers. Login/Join 
Picture of T.Webb
posted
I'd like to get a lightweight, fluted, or spiral-fluted, 16 or 18" upper. (I just like the look).

However, since I'm not an AR type of guy, I don't have a clue as to pricing, or where to look.

Can anyone help?

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out Palmetto State Armory. They have some in-house builds that are decent quality and reasonably priced in the $500+ range.

However, you may run into some compliance issues being in NY so check the laws there first.

If you want to visit a local Dealer in LI - check out Coliseum or South Shore Sportsmans in Merrick.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Not sure what NY allows. For a common upper, RRA or BCM are fine choices. For kicking around I like a lightweight 16”. For a bit more all-around, an 18” is fine.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Check out Palmetto State Armory. They have some in-house builds that are decent quality and reasonably priced in the $500+ range.

However, you may run into some compliance issues being in NY so check the laws there first.

If you want to visit a local Dealer in LI - check out Coliseum or South Shore Sportsmans in Merrick.

Mike @ South Shore is my Go-To guy, but he doesn't stock uppers.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LWRC International is recognized by their signature spiral fluted barrels, but they aren't necessarily lightweight.

https://www.lwrci.com/IC-DI-Up...ATO-M-LOK_p_102.html

Posts: 36 | Registered: August 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since you're in NY I hope you already have a grandfathered lower. Otherwise you're going to have to buy/build a neutered, half-assed, SAFE Act compliant lower - in which case you'd honestly be better just getting a nice M1 Garand.

Posts: 541 | Location: Gunnison, CO | Registered: March 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post