SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Muzzle brake/compensator
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Muzzle brake/compensator Login/Join 
posted
I'm building a .300 AAC Blackout SBR upper, it's going to be used in informal matches mostly, I'm looking for good recoil and muzzle control.

I'm looking at three right now, but one is at the up most of my price range.

They are the Area Armor EFFIN A, at $99.99 is at the top most of my price range.

Is it more effective than the following two? If so, is the EFFIN A, significantly more so?

The next is the CG6 Precision Gamma muzzle brake. It's more of what I'm looking at spending, at $79.99.

The next up is the Rainier Arms XTC comp. it is at the $79.99 mark and can be found cheaper.

I'm looking for the most efficient muzzle brake compensator, but I would really like to keep it under $80.00, that's of course if the Ares Armor EFFIN A is the hands down, winner.

If there are any that I missed that do a good job at controlling muzzle rise and recoil. Please advise.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
That 'effin-a' comp looks overly complicated and ineffective.

Go with a proven performer, the Miculek.
https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...308-steel-parkerized

This message has been edited. Last edited by: IndianaBoy,

Posts: 14121 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Another good option:
https://nordiccomp.com/categories/nct3-compensators/

Efficient comps that actually reduce recoil have flat surfaces for gas to impact. A series of jet ports, like that Area Armor comp has, does little to nothing to reduce recoil, but it can mitigate muzzle rise. I have been using comps for years in 3-gun, and have used a wide variety. None of the efficient comps that work look anything like that 'effin a' comp. The Miculek comp is the most cost effective option.

It's a shame that Nordic components discontinued their corvette comp. It is an excellent performer and sold for $45. I am still using on on my current 3-gun rifle.

Posts: 14121 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Both the VG6 Precision Gamma, and the Rainier Arms XTC look like a much better choice than the 'effin a'.

posted Hide Post
The Dead Air Keymount brake is what I started using. If you have or are planning to get a suppressor in the future you can use the Dead Air cans or with the Key Mo mount for Silencerco you can use your Omega or Saker cans as well. Its a great brake as well as a quick mount for your can.

https://deadairsilencers.com/p...ount-muzzle-brake-2/

I got mine from Brownells for less than the MSRP in this link. I am sure you can find it for less other places as well. $75 plus or minus is more realistic street price.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
Use code VG615 for extra 15% off and free shipping.

Will be around $55 shipped. I've ordered from this company.

http://graniteridgeoutfitters...._c66.htm?sortOrder=2

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Strike Industries King Comp....

Posts: 269 | Registered: August 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
If still building a form 1 can. Get the YHM brake. That way you can run the can on it too. (If you went YHM mount on the can)

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8846 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
If still building a form 1 can. Get the YHM brake. That way you can run the can on it too. (If you went YHM mount on the can)

You know, I didn't even think of them! I already have the QD suppressor mount flash hider on the other ones, I am going to build a can with YHM mount on the can.

I don't know how the YHM compares to the Gamma in muzzle control, but I'll surely look into it! Thanks "myrottiety".

ARman

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
quote:

You know, I didn't even think of them! I already have the QD suppressor mount flash hider on the other ones, I am going to build a can with YHM mount on the can.

I don't know how the YHM compares to the Gamma in muzzle control, but I'll surely look into it! Thanks "myrottiety".

ARman

To be able to run my can on the rifle as well. I'd take a comp that's say %10 less effective. But have the versatility.

$75 at Silencershop in 5/8x24
https://www.silencershop.com/y...qd-muzzle-brake.html

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8846 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
quote:

ARman

To be able to run my can on the rifle as well. I'd take a comp that's say %10 less effective. But have the versatility.

$75 at Silencershop in 5/8x24
https://www.silencershop.com/y...qd-muzzle-brake.html

I feel the same. I can't believe that I forgotten about the YHM QD suppressor mount muzzle brake. I like the thought of being able to go from one rifle to another with the same can.

ARman