SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Scope ring lapping on 1 piece mounts.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scope ring lapping on 1 piece mounts. Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
Do you guys lap the rings on one piece mounts?
What about the vertical ones?

I have to on my Bolt gun, but I’m thinking about getting a pic rail mount and getting one piece QD on all my glass. That is if it doesn’t make it too high.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't lapped rings in 20 years. Good quality rings made by CNC are light years ahead of the old stamped steel.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quality rings of modern design should not be lapped.
Do not lap rings.
Do not lap rings.
Do not lap rings.

In case you didn't get that....do not lap rings.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So Fritz,

Are you saying that a guy with a stick and some compound in his basement can't really improve upon computerized machines that cost tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars?

Hmmm....who knew?

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
This is only acceptable lapping.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post