SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    My Google-Fu Sucks. Where To Find Info On The .25 Boomer?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Google-Fu Sucks. Where To Find Info On The .25 Boomer? Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted
I still have that dang 527 action just sitting there.

I stumbled across mentions of the .25 Boomer, which (for those who actually have lives) is the 7.62x39 necked down for a .257" bullet. Unfortunately all I can tell so far is that it's been tried. Does anyone know where to go looking on information on the cartridge?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
You will find it right next to info on the .25 Gibbs on the web. Everything you want to know...

Good info on odd wildcats is really hard to find, and harder to trust.

Good luck on your quest. I have found a source for cases, but no recipes, and the case source is out of stock at the moment...

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12766 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Yeah, and there's zippo data on the 25 PPC, either. My thought (fervent hope?) is that since there's data for both more-or-less-the-same cases with 6mm and 6.5mm bullets, I might be able to work something up with carefully checked math and a healthy dose of cowardice.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I hear you. The .25 Gibbs is in the mid point of case capacity between the .25 Remington and the .257 Weatherby. I figure that means I can start with a couple of grains over a .25 Rem load, and work from there with similar powders, but who really knows?

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12766 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post