SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New to me: Action Arms Galil 386 (pre-ban)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New to me: Action Arms Galil 386 (pre-ban) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dubagel:
You can get a complete set of Meprolight NS from 24hr tactical. The MR/AA night sight problem was due to the NRC license that wasn’t directly transferable since tritium is a radioactive item. They had to apply for and get a new license under their company.

Thanks all. dubagel, I guess that means my AA is one of their "early" ones, which is all relative going back into the 1980s.

Posts: 3536 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Good to hear that you like the KNS piston. What was the model/part number? I would like to add one to my ARM build.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
Good to hear that you like the KNS piston. What was the model/part number? I would like to add one to my ARM build.

Bruce

Sure. Spendy, but a snap to use on a Galil since you just punch out the existing roll pin. It is the one for the Valmet/Galil ARM model AGP-A-18. Adjusting was also easy. Really makes a difference.

Posts: 3536 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
quote:
Originally posted by pillboxesghost:
Very nice example!

I got my NIB Action Arms Galil AR about 1985 when I held a FFL. It's still "as new" in the original carton with original accessories and paperwork.

It's been fired less than 250 rounds. I think dealer cost back then was about $459 /$500.

Anyway,enjoy your pristine example of the most reliable 5.56 x 45 auto rifle yet made. May not be the lightest or most accurate but it's by far the most rugged!

Very nice. Mine is not pristine, but I'd say for its age it is in excellent condition with a lw to very low round count. Yours must be sight to behold.

Feel fortunate that it’s not pristine. That way you can shoot and enjoy it.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2318 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
I'm really wanting a Galil. I never carried one when in the IDF, I had an m16 "Katzar". or shortened, and another extra rifle to slug along. I was never able to grab one - but I got to shoot it and take it apart, and put it back together, and etc...nice piece, great purchase.
Congrats to your son. I did the same program, same dual citizenship, there's no issue with the US. At the time, I had a lot of family there, but if he is a lone soldier, they'll take very good care of him. If I can ever help in any way, please let me know.
Ended up my mother moved back after my dad died, but when in, I was part of the lone soldier program too.
More important; Its one of the few militaries they have a formal agreement with the US. Biden won't do anything to ruin it - too many other politicians support it. It changed my life for the better.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More upgrades.

Replaced the standard IMI sight hood and thick front post with a South African R4 enlarged hood and dropped in a KNS Precision front post. While I was there I replaced the long-dead front and back flip-up night sights with new ones from Meprolight. Pretty pleased with how it came out. Especially the larger sight hood and skinnier post--really helps my aging eyes.

Still waiting on a railed gas tub from Hillbilly Firearms, which should allow me to add and possible co-witness a forward-mounted, low profile red dot.

Expensive fun and progress.