SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    ACOG I finally bought one...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ACOG I finally bought one... Login/Join 
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted

It's always been on the list of "wants", and I finally had the disposable cash to grab one.

Now to get to the range and sight it in!

Also...this followed me home as well:
So I need to put a couple hundred round through it. My new EDC.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13950 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please tell me about the protective cover on the RMR?

Posts: 1142 | Location: Phila Area | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eweiss:

Update - Looks like a killflash

Posts: 1142 | Location: Phila Area | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Somebody put cheerios on your forearm.

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
Big Grin Yup. I like the squid grip cheerio look. Have them on my blackout also.

"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13950 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:

nomnomnomnomnomnom

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Update - Looks like a killflash

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/pr...00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

www.rikrlandvs.com

posted Hide Post
Wow, I'd never seen a killflash for an RMR before.

What model and reticle ACOG did you pick?

Posts: 4584 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
I hope you love it, I had one on a Sig 556 and just couldn't get myself to like it.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just based on the picture, I suspect your ACOG's line of sight is about 2.5" above bore.

That likely puts the RMR 4-1/4" to 4-1/2" above bore. Doesn't sound optimal for a good cheek weld, and bore/sight offset will be challenging.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
If his eye is close enough to the sight that parallax isn't an issue, then he should be pretty much good to go at short ranges, shouldn't he? The ACOG's sighted in at 100 and should be usable somewhat closer in than that. He won't be dealing with a rainbow-type trajectory with the 5.56 either.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OP make sure after you make adjustments you shoot a round or two off paper, and or give the acog a few good smacks before you put more rounds on paper. They have a tendency to settle in.

-Freq

Posts: 192 | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Looks like an ECOS? I have seen some amazing deals on them recently.

Posts: 9956 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
It is an ECOS. It's a TA31-ECOS
4x32, in FDE (technically, dark earth brown) with red dual illumination.

Opticsplanet was doing a 10% off sale around the 4th.

I've always sort of like chevrons, but this was in stock and on sale, and I wanted the RMR on top. I've found that with the magnified acog you have to pony up close to it, and if the need arose...I like another sight for in close. I didn't build this rifle for in-close, but one should always be prepared. I don't like the way pop-up sights co-witness through an acog, so this model works for me. It does come on a quick release.

This is the ECOS reticle:

I was going to go BDC, but at the time I couldn't find one....and I got trigger happy with the sales price. Camel-Camel indicated that the price of $1,440 was a darn good price. $21 for next day air shipping was a steal as well. I was able to find roughly $1,400 pricing elsewhere on occasion, but they either wouldn't ship to Alaska or wanted over $100 to ship.

I still need to get to the range....gotta build some new target stands.

www.rikrlandvs.com