SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Help with Remington 1100
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with Remington 1100 Login/Join 
posted
My FIL dropped off his 1100 for me to look at. When the bolt is brought back to load a shell it stays stuck in the rearward position. The only way to release it is to knock out the trigger housing pins and drop the assembly down a bit. Any suggestions as to what is going on?

Posts: 503 | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Is the carrier lever (bolt release) moving when you press it?

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope, she locks up tight.

posted Hide Post
Are you pushing the release button on the bottom lever?

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Try here: shotgunworld.com "I Love My Remington" section. Some very knowledgeable people there.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
problem is probably somewhere in the carrier latch. might be really dirty, might actually be broken.

someone with a similar problem (if this is, indeed, the problem) https://www.shotgunworld.com/b...ewtopic.php?t=255218

see if this helps

This is the part if you deem it needs replacing. https://www.midwestgunworks.co...0/carrier-latch.html

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the leads. I pulled the barrel and trigger assembly. Everything appears to be normal. I’ll pull it all apart again and take another look.