SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    DD V7S arrived
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DD V7S arrived Login/Join 
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
that is gorgeous! and an absolute superb set-up!

I think I mentioned this in a previous thread you had about the V7s. I have a MK18 and, while I love it, the rails bug me, I don't really use them, and it's pretty dang heavy.

When I saw Western Sport got the V7s Uppers in-stock, AND had a $50-off any qualifying Daniel Defense upper or rifle, I decided to try it out. For right now, I swap the uppers between the lower that came with the MK18. it has a KE Arms drop-intrigger that I took off another rifle I owned briefly, but I bought a CMC flat-faced trigger for another rifle, and love that one, so I may swap the KE out for another CMC eventually.

I haven't shot the V7s upper yet, but I love the thing so far! I dont' know that I'll try to keep it super light - the fact it doesn't have the MK18 rail system on it already does wonders, but I love how yours is set up, and pretty much want to mimic it.

Oh, I've been curious about an RMR for a rifle for a while now - The problem I have with the Romeo5 that I have right now is that, if it goes down and I'm using the MBUS sights, I feel like the smaller diameter of the Romeo makes it really difficult to see through the back-up sights, limiting a lot of the view, if that makes sense - a feeling I don't get with the Aimpoint PRO, although it's huge.

I agree, while I was concerned with weight, it pretty much trimmed itself up as I couldn't think of anything else I really need on here. My MK18 sports some of the heavier accessories as its a pig anyways.

I hadn't used an RMR on a rifle before and wasnt sure how it would fair. I did manage to get eh RMR mounted last week and I believe it will be the route I take. If it proves itself useful at the range I may even switch some other rifles over to the RMR. It only saved a few ounces over the H1/Geiselle setup so part of me says to jsut get a lighter H1 mount and keep the, what I beleive, more proven/reliable optic. Scalarworks has an absolute co-witness mount coming out soon that I will try with the H1.

My thoughts on BUIS is that if I have enough time to employ them Id have enough time to throw the lever on my RDS and remove it. Otherwise, Im using the RDS window as a crude aiming device. I happened to pick up a KDG sidleock mount for my SCAR optic and its about the fastest on/off I have seen for a QD mount. I may switch over to those if the return to zero proves to be accurate and repeatable which from what Ive seen, they will.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I currently have 3 ARs

-DDMK18 (pistol)
-DDM4V7SLW (14.5")
-DDM4V7s (Pistol)

The lightweight is definitely the lightest, despite being the longest. that pencil barrel does the trick.

honestly, it almost seems as if the V7s and the MK18 are a complete crapshoot with weight with my set-ups. the extra inch+ on the V7s but the lighter rail almost balances out to the MK18's shorter, brick of a rail and bbl.

I tossed the Romeo4m on the V7SLW to keep it light. I put the Aimpoint Pro on the V7S. of course the suppressor I have makes the V7s pretty heavy, too.

I tried to weigh them today, but I don't have a pound-scale that light - just the bathroom scale. but I discovered it's dead. I'll have to figure out another way to actually get weights of various parts and write down combinations to see what would potentially work the best.

I think, for grab-and-go, the V7S may be the winner for me, with the suppressor. but that V7SLW is sure a slick rifle. I'm debating pinning another suppressor attachment to it, if I can find someone locally who can do it.

I am short one optic for all my rifles as the Romeo5 went to my MPX. I really like the idea of the RMR now that you've brought it back up in my head. Do let me know how you like it in action!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Off topic, Those are awesome pictures! Which camera did you use? Btw, gun is sweet too.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Off topic, Those are awesome pictures! Which camera did you use? Btw, gun is sweet too.

Either a Nikon D3 or Sony A6300, don't recall which. On the same topic, don't hung up on the camera...the lenses are what a make a difference,

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
don't hung up on the camera...the lenses are what a make a difference,

people don't believe me when I tell them that haha. I shoot better with my D90 and high end glass than when I use my wifes more expensive camera and kit lenses.

Great pictures, that may be the perfect rifle

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post