SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    I never considered that black powder and smoke pole components would vanish too.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I never considered that black powder and smoke pole components would vanish too. Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
Candidly, I never considered this. I was fortunate to pick up some powder, balls, and #11 caps this week. But this stuff is getting harder to find. If you shoot or hunt with a smoke pole, I'd stock up on components.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BB61,

Posts: 12434 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Had a discussion with my friend and local gun store owner. His take is people are now buying black powder gear because there is nothing left and they still want to shoot. He is out of black powder, balls, black powder rifles and revolvers.

Strange times for sure

Posts: 724 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
same in my area. its all gone. there was thankfully a bit for blackpowder deer season but none since. amazing...

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sauer Kraut:

Strange times for sure

Definitely !

-------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I found another pound of Pyrodex (FFG equivalent) at my local Cal-Ranch last night and bought it. I'm pretty well set now.

Posts: 12434 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post